Monday, April 24, 2017

Eggplant pizzas ♥


 
 
Hello! It's Monday and I haven't had nearly enough coffee yet today.  I've been busy all morning cleaning the house and getting caught up laundry and house chores.  I'm back to work tomorrow so I took advantage of the day at home to myself to get some things done.  I'm happiest when I'm puttering around the house, getting odds and ends in order and preparing for the week ahead.  It's the best part of having Monday as my day off. 
 
I was going to tell you about my vacation in this post, but I think I'll save that for later in the week because I just made a recipe that is too good not to share. 
 
I saw eggplant pizzas on Pinterest at least a year ago and I've been thinking about them ever since.  When I went to the market a few days ago this beautiful eggplant was calling my name. With Real Housewives of Beverly Hills (Reunion pt 1 & 2) on to keep me company I gave these a try.
 
They came out so delicious!!!! I can't believe I waited this long to make them. 
 
Easy too...Ready? Lets go....
 

 
 
Cut your eggplant into 1/4 inch slices. 
 
Lay them on a paper towel and sprinkle them with salt.  Let sit for 20 minutes.
 
 
 
 
The salt will draw the moisture out of the eggplant.  After 20 minutes wipe them dry.
 
 
 
 
Put your slices on a foil lined baking sheet.  Brush with olive oil and season with salt & pepper, and Italian seasonings.
 
 
 
 
Roast in a preheated 400 degree oven for 15 minutes. 
(you want the eggplant to be tender but not mushy)
 
 
 
 
Remove from the oven and top with sauce and cheese. 
 
 
 
 
I was wishing I had some pepperoni on hand, but I didn't : (
 
 
 
 
Now broil for 3 minutes. 
 
 
 
 
Keep a close eye so the cheese doesn't burn.  I got these out just in time!
 
 
 
 
I ate a little one just as it came out of the oven and it was delicious!!!!  I'm going to serve these as a side dish tonight with chicken wings and broccoli.  I'm hoping John will like them. 
 
It's a veggie disguised as a pizza! ♥
 
Next time I will definitely do two eggplants so I'll have more slices : )
 
I hope you are all enjoying the start of this new week.  The sun is shining here today and I was even able to have my windows open for a little while.  The air feels nice & clean & fresh in here. 
It will be good sleeping tonight~
 
Well, just looking at the clock it's time for me to pick John up from school.  Hope he had a good day.  First day back from vacation is always the toughest. 
 
Happy Monday!
 
xoxo
 

2 comments:

  1. Hello there, twin!
    Would you believe I did the exact same thing yesterday...only with peppers??!!
    Delicious!
    I'm trying your's next time. : )
    Have a great week.
    I still owe you an email!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMM! These look so delicious! What a good idea for a healthy little snack <3

    ReplyDelete