Monday, April 3, 2017

Garlic chicken wings ♥

 
 
Hello my friends! Welcome to the first Monday of April!  As I type this post it's still Sunday night and I'm hopeful that the sun will be shining tomorrow.  It was a beautiful day today.  Which was such a nice relief considering it snowed on Saturday! Yup.  So crazy.  But such is life around here.
 
John came home sick from school on Friday.  He spent the entire afternoon and all day Saturday on the couch, in and out of naps.  Today he was much better and we were able to get a little fresh air.  Rob was working in the yard and we actually had the slider door open for a small period of time.  I saw rays of sunlight bouncing off the kitchen table and heard birds chirping (I'm sure happily building their spring nests). It was a hint of good things to come!
 
After much couch sitting and Netflix watching myself, I peeled myself from the couch long enough to make tea and put out my Easter decorations.  It's amazing how cheery a few bunnies can make the house. 
 
I love this time of year! ♥
 
 
My Easter village is up!
 
 
John's appetite came back today so I decided to make his favorite chicken wings for dinner.
I hadn't made them in a while, but I saw wings on sale at the market and I was reminded how easy these are.   
 
Hope you like love garlic like I do ♥
 
 
 
 
Recipe adapted from Allrecipes.com
 
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves garlic, pressed
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
salt & pepper
about 10 chicken wings
 
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
 
Sprinkle both sides of chicken wings with S&P.
 
Combine olive oil and all seasonings in a plastic bag.  Add the wings, seal the bag, and shake to coat.  Massage the bag well to make sure all the wings are nicely coated. 
 
 
 
 
Line a baking sheet with foil and arrange the wings.  I sprayed the foil with non-stick cooking spray as well.
 
I hate when things stick...better safe than sorry : )
 
Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. 
 
Flip them after 30 minutes.
 
 
 
 
When they are done, they will look golden and delicious!
 
 
 
 
I served these with rice and broccoli on the side. 
 
Yummy!!!! 
 
 
 
 
So simple, right? He gobbled them right up.  And (brace yourselves...) he ate some broccoli! I know! Made me so happy! I told him I could actually see his muscles growing with every bite. 
 
It's the little things, people.
 
One point for mom!
 
 
That's totally me : )
 
 
No doubt Monday's are hard, but it's April and that's something to smile about! ♥
 
Have a good one! xo
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment