Monday, June 19, 2017

He's not a fourth grader anymore ♥


Friday was John's last day of school! 

Here he is all dressed up and ready to go on Friday morning....




Can I get a bigger smile please? (says me every time I try to take his picture : ) 





Very funny.... ♥ 





The stampede as the bell rang and the double doors opened! 

See you in September! 





Freedom! 

I remember that feeling! Nothing compares to it, except maybe Christmas. 






We celebrated by going to lunch with his friend Sean to McDonalds (their choice ♥)





He got a Happy Meal, and since it was technically still morning (it was 11:30) I got this bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit for breakfast.  It was SO good!! I haven't had one in years!!! 





After that we all went to the movies to see Cars 3!  He loved it! 

And just like that he's not a fourth grader anymore.  My baby is in fifth grade!  Hard to believe.  

I'm so proud of him.  This was certainly his most challenging year and he never gave up.  I can't wait to see what fifth grade brings! 

But.....after the summer break.  

Time to breathe.  Time to relax.  Time to be a kid.  

We have a lot of ice cream to eat over the next two and a half months...and I intend to do it as slowly as possible.  




Confession.  My day started with McDonald's and ended with this crazy banana split sundae. 

Oh dear.  

Well, I did it for John.  It was a special occasion.   What's a mom to do? 

Happy Summer, my friends! It's here!!! 

(no matter what the calendar says!) 


xoxoxo 



3 comments:

  1. I am retired fourth grade teacher. I looked forward probably as much and sometime I think even more than my students to the last day of school....Your start to summer looks wonderful.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's no feeling quite like the feeling of school being out for the summer! I can't think of a better way to start the summer holidays than with yummy treats and a trip to the movies! Wishing you and John a restful, happy,
    s-l-o-o-o-w summer. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you know you can create short links with AdFly and get $$$$ for every visit to your shortened urls.

    ReplyDelete