Monday, June 19, 2017

He's not a fourth grader anymore ♥


Friday was John's last day of school! 

Here he is all dressed up and ready to go on Friday morning....




Can I get a bigger smile please? (says me every time I try to take his picture : ) 





Very funny.... ♥ 





The stampede as the bell rang and the double doors opened! 

See you in September! 





Freedom! 

I remember that feeling! Nothing compares to it, except maybe Christmas. 






We celebrated by going to lunch with his friend Sean to McDonalds (their choice ♥)





He got a Happy Meal, and since it was technically still morning (it was 11:30) I got this bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit for breakfast.  It was SO good!! I haven't had one in years!!! 





After that we all went to the movies to see Cars 3!  He loved it! 

And just like that he's not a fourth grader anymore.  My baby is in fifth grade!  Hard to believe.  

I'm so proud of him.  This was certainly his most challenging year and he never gave up.  I can't wait to see what fifth grade brings! 

But.....after the summer break.  

Time to breathe.  Time to relax.  Time to be a kid.  

We have a lot of ice cream to eat over the next two and a half months...and I intend to do it as slowly as possible.  




Confession.  My day started with McDonald's and ended with this crazy banana split sundae. 

Oh dear.  

Well, I did it for John.  It was a special occasion.   What's a mom to do? 

Happy Summer, my friends! It's here!!! 

(no matter what the calendar says!) 


xoxoxo 



1 comment:

  1. I am retired fourth grade teacher. I looked forward probably as much and sometime I think even more than my students to the last day of school....Your start to summer looks wonderful.....

    ReplyDelete