Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Summer days & summer nights ♥ (plus a yummy pasta salad : )

Hello Everyone! We've made it through another Monday! I hope you enjoyed your weekend.  My only complaint is that it went by too fast.  Let me tell you why...
 
Last week was a bear for me.  For one thing, I got into a car accident.  NO Worries - I am completely fine.  (There were NO injuries in the accident, Thank you God!!!!)  I was hit from behind (there were three cars involved) and luckily no one was in front of me.  However, my car is totaled.  I've spent the past week on the phone with insurance companies, filling out forms, organizing paperwork, and getting stressed out.  I wasn't sleeping well and was looking forward to the weekend like you wouldn't believe. 
 
Saturday morning I got a long overdue haircut and later that evening we were invited to my friend Jan's for a BBQ.  It was so much fun and just what I needed to cheer me up after a long week.  They made burgers and chicken kabobs on the grill. The food was delicious!
 
The best part was Jan has a fire pit in her yard and we made s'mores!
 
 
It was a quintessential summer night~
 
 
 
 
Square marshmallows just for s'mores? YES!
 
 
 
 
 
Someone else enjoyed it, too! (and probably ate too many : )
 
 



 So yummy!


It's probably a good thing that I don't have a fire pit in my backyard because I would eat these things all the time! Seriously. Dangerous.


On Sunday morning we had our first beach day of the season, which we had been planning for a while. 
 
(The beach we go to is only about 15 minutes from my house :) 
 
We met my in laws there and spent a family day lounging, swimming, and eating!  John played with his cousins and was in the water for literally 3 hours! He would not come out.  My mother in law brought homemade pizza for lunch which was SO GOOD and my father in law bought the kids ice creams from the ice cream truck. 
 
 

 
 
 
It was a little rocky but I didn't mind.  I still took a nice walk along the shore. 
 
Ahhh, that sea air....good for taking deep breaths.  Just what the doctor ordered to relieve my stress. 
 
It was a beautiful day for the beach!
 
 
 
 

A rare moment out of the water!





My spot ♥



 
 
So Happy!
 
 
 
 
 
A quintessential summer day!
 
 
So there you have it.  After an awful week, karma turned my way and we had a wonderful weekend. 
 
I love it when things happen that way! Don't you?
 
 
 
I wanted to share with you this quick pasta salad I brought to Jan's Saturday night. 
 
Its easy and came out really good!
 
 
 
 
 
 
I started with tri-color penne, and added in....
 
 
 
 
 
 
mozzarella balls, cherry tomatoes, Kalamata olives, and freshly chopped parsley.
 
 
 
 
 
 
After I cooked the pasta I added the mozzarella, tomatoes, and olives.
 


 
 
 
I wasn't sure how everyone felt about olives (I love them) so I only added a small amount.   I was surprised when a few people said to me how much they "LOVE" olives.  I'll add more next time! 
 
 
 
 
 
No question on the mozzarella though ♥♥♥
 
 
 
 
 
 
I dressed the salad with Ken's Lite Balsamic Vinaigrette!
 
I got this idea from my sister in law. She made an amazing pasta salad for Father's Day. 
This is the secret ingredient ♥  
 
 
 
 
 
 
Don't add too much.  Here's my bottle so you can see how much I did.  Not even half.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Finally, add your chopped parsley.  Just a handful will do.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Let it sit in the fridge and marinate for a little while.  The mozzarella will soak up all the yummy dressing.  It's delicious! 
 
Just another reason to love pasta~
 
 
 
 
 
 
And here I am on our way to the BBQ....amusing myself in the back seat while John is in the front, talking to Rob about music and drummers, and bands I have never heard of.  That's ok.  I'm feeling better!
 
 
Positive vibes for the week ahead! Fingers crossed! xoxo
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Danielle, I'm so sorry to hear about your car accident! I know all too well the stress involved with that. I'm so glad that you were not hurt, which is of course, the most important thing. Your BBQ with friends and Sunday beach day look like the perfect end to a crappy week. Good for you for making the best of it and still enjoying your weekend. Thanks for sharing your recipe for the pasta salad. It looks incredible!!! Sending much love to you and wishes for a kinder week ahead. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so sorry to hear about the car accident!! It is a good thing there were no serious injuries! I yearn for some time to walk on the beach! This week is now at the midway point; hopefully it is going better for you than last week! xo Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sweets!
    So I go away for one week, and that happens!!!
    I am sooo sorry!!!
    Glad you are alright!
    Love your hair!!!!!!!!
    And that pasta salad???
    Looks like Nicolas and Madison will be making that soon.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete