Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Focaccia bread with rosemary & garlic ♥

I am addicted to three things in life: coffee, chocolate, & bread.  Offer me any of them at any given moment and I will give you and enthusiastic "yes please!".  It's just a fact.  I've accepted it. 

Today I'm going to talk about bread because yesterday I went a little overboard.  I made focaccia bread for the first time. 
I'm not going to mention how many pieces of this  I ate because that would be embarrassing.  
Oh man, and with bathing suit season right around the corner....I'm in trouble! 

Warm, garlicy, salty, focaccia right from the oven...how could I not?  

The recipe was simple!  Wanna see..... 






Full disclaimer:  I used store bought pizza dough from the grocery store bakery.  I took it out of the fridge about an hour before I started so it could come to room temperature and puff up! 

If you have time to make a homemade dough go for it!  I have always had good luck with this one for my pizza so I thought I would give it a try.  It was a major time saver : ) 




Spread the dough onto a greased baking pan. 

I used a pizza pan brushed with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.




Brush the top of the dough with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. 



Sprinkle with your seasonings. 

2 crushed garlic cloves
1 tablespoon coarse (kosher) salt
1 teaspoon of dried rosemary (or if you have fresh rosemary use 2 tablespoons)

**Careful on the salt. If you don't want your bread too salty use a little less.  Up to you : ) **




The fun part...with your fingertips, make little divots all around the dough. 

Poke...poke...poke! 





Cover with a kitchen towel and set in a warm place for 45-60 minutes to rise. 




After it gets all nice and puffy (and happy!) put in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.  




The aroma alone will put you in a coma.  As if the smell of baking bread isn't amazing enough, add garlic and rosemary and.....WOW ♥ 

You are waiting the longest 30 minutes of your life.....




Take it out of the oven, slice it up, and enjoy!!! 




If you are John you will lather it up with butter.  If you are ME, you'll be dipping in some good extra virgin olive oil!

This bread is really delicious and I hope you try it ♥ 

1 comment:

  1. OHHHH! SAVING THIS RECIPE! Someday you need to put together a cookbook of all your favorite recipes, as every single one I have tried is delicious. :)

    Madison | Breakfast at Madison’s

    ReplyDelete