Monday, October 22, 2018

A few little things....

Happy Monday!  

I hope you all had a great weekend! Mondays are never easy, are they?  And with the cold mornings it's getting harder and harder to get out of my cozy bed.  But once I'm out and about I'm happy because the air is cool and the colors are brilliant.  October is so pretty!  

Coffee tastes a little sweeter on crisp mornings like this.  Today I had to wear a scarf for the first time this season and I got an early morning text from Rob (who had already left the house) reminding me that I may want to warm up my car before heading out to work.  I'm glad I took his advice because my windshield was all iced up! 

Last weekend John and I went to our town's Homecoming football game.  My good friend Julie's son is in the band and we wanted to hear him play.  We had a lot of fun sitting in the bleachers and it reminded me of my old high school days....I say that fondly because I would never want to return...lol : )  

The best part about going to the game was that it kick started me into holiday mode.  I had a sudden urge to run home and make chili! Maybe that's because the bleachers were freezing and I just needed to warm up.  Or maybe it's because this is my favorite time if year and I want the cherish every second of it.  Maybe both...wink, wink... 

And what's more holiday than football and chili?  All we need is a pumpkin pie and we are good to go.  Bring on November!  




I'm enjoying this fall so much I thought I would share with you a few things I'm currently loving: 


Sunday morning was rainy and cold.  I decided to make us cinnamon rolls for breakfast.  My mom always uses the expression "better than a steak dinner".  Well, it was.  
No matter how many times I have cinnamon rolls they always feel like a treat.  I ate two. 
Enough said. 





I picked up this Autumn Pumpkin kitchen soap at Bath & Body.  Have you tried it?  It smells SO GOOD! If you haven't tried their hand soaps yet please run to Bath & Body Works and stock up.  They are the best ~ 

You are probably saying to yourself  "really? she's excited about soap?"  Well, yes I am!  I love this soap!  It fills the kitchen with the best scent.  Even the boys like it (so it's a win, win in my book! : ). 
I love the bottle too.  I'm a sucker for nice packaging! 





And while we are on the subject of Bath & Body Works, while I was there I got this Wallflower! Could you die?  My friend Julie (remember her from the football game?) had the same one in her kitchen.  I loved it so much I had to get one.  I picked up 2 refills - one in Apple Pumpkin and the other in Carmel Apple.  

The house is smelling good these days! 





Ok, so as if the cinnamon rolls weren't bad enough, the other day I treated myself to a Dunkin Donuts pumpkin donut.  My first of the season.  It was delicious!  

* I don't want you to think that all I eat is junk food, it's just treats are the most fun to photograph.  I had a salad for lunch today.  Honest * 




And here we go.  Twinkle lights around the window!!!  I posted this picture on Instagram last week with a caption that read "too soon?".  The response we an overwhelming NO!

Yay!!!  

I kind of wish I had orange ones for Halloween, but in a few weeks time I will be switching these out to multi colors for Thanksgiving & Christmas.  I absolutely love twinkle lights!  Never enough in my book.  I think that's why I love Nora Ephron movies so much.  There are always twinkle lights in the background.  It sets a peaceful mood, don't you think?  I love them the most in the wee hours of the morning before the sun comes up.  




Those lights are getting me itchy for holiday time.  On Saturday I was at the mall picking up a few things and I noticed the holiday displays at Macy's are in full bloom.  Trees, lights, a big BELIEVE sign.  I know it's early but it made me so happy to see.  I love department stores during the holidays. They always have extra goodies you never see during the year. I love wandering the makeup counters and checking out  all the gift box sets. I usually find something for myself along the way : )  
(my idea of fun....haha)   






After the rain Sunday morning the sun actually came out and we went out for a little drive.  I had to return a library book so we took the long way. Sometimes taking the long way is the best way.  Especially on a Sunday. And especially when the roads look like this.  Ahhhh.....: ) 






And finally here I am this morning in all my glory....plus a filter.  Because who doesn't need a filter on a Monday morning?!  I know I do! 

There are so many more things to love about October, like Halloween coming up in 9 days (John reminded me this morning!) but here was just a few bits of my everyday loves.  

What are you loving this month?  


I hope you are all having a happy Monday so far!  Thanks for stopping by! 

Enjoy the day! xoxo 




2 comments:

  1. Hello, beautiful friend!
    Love love love your fall vibe here!
    The food looks delicious, but the leaves??? Oh, those leaves!
    Have a cozy evening.
    And yes! Bring on November!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh! I'm loving your list of little things keeping you happy this month. I too love the Bath and Bodyworks hand soaps. I bought the coconut pumpkin latte scent for our kitchen, and it smells good enough to eat! Also, I haven't been able to get those cinnamon rolls you made out of my head. I think I'm going to have to pick up some Pillsbury cinnamon rolls to make for breakfast this weekend!😍😋😍😋

    ReplyDelete