Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Does anyone still use bread machine? I do!

Do you have a bread machine?

Bread machines seemed to be more popular years ago and I find that not many people use them anymore. I've had a bread machine for years and years (I've gone through two) and I still love it!
What's better than freshly baked bread? Not much : ) 

I'll admit I don't use it much in the summer, but come fall and winter I make up for it.  Whenever that first chill hits the air I think...."it's time to make bread".  Warm crusty bread to go with pot roast or a roast chicken dinner.  A fresh slice to dunk in my soup or sop up marinara sauce.

Bread is comfort food for me.  Especially with lots of butter! 




Bread machines are so simple because you don't have to do anything. 
You don't have to knead the dough or wait for it to rise.  The machine does it all. 

Set it and forget it, as they say! 

Dump all the ingredients in, close the lid, and press start. 




They all come with instruction booklets and recipes, but you can find hundreds of bread machine recipes online.  Especially on Pinterest! 




 I made this Italian loaf yesterday.

The only ingredients I used were flour, water, salt, sugar, olive oil, and yeast.  That's it! 

If I wanted to be fancy I could have added herbs like basil or rosemary.  Or even parmesan cheese!

That's very delicious too! 





I turned the machine on before I left for work and by the time I came home it was done. 


(if only I had something simmering in the crock pot at the same time....now that would have been epic! : ) 





We sliced it up and had some with dinner! 





I like a little bread with my butter.....sorry/not sorry! 




I brought a slice to work with me today to toast and have with my coffee.  I may go into a bread coma after this week is over, but what a way to go. 

They say man cannot live on bread alone, but I beg to differ.  I think they can.  And I just might....: ) 





Happy days, my friends! It's been rainy and gloomy here all week.  Hoping the sun will come out soon.  Until then, light your candles and keep cozy.  Sunny days are ahead! xo 


1 comment:

  1. Freshly baked bread is one of my most favorite smells!!

    ReplyDelete