Sunday, June 23, 2019

Strawberry Sour Cream Pound Cake ♥

Hello Friends! 


Let me tell you a story of what happened to me yesterday.  Well, the day started out lovely.  I had no real plans which is my favorite kind of day.  Rob and John had gone out for a few hours and I had the house to myself. I used that time to do some housework.  The windows were open, my music was on, and things were getting done! 

I was in a very good mood and feeling extra house-wifey so after I cleaned the bathrooms and changed the beds I tried a new recipe for a Strawberry Sour Cream Pound Cake that I had seen on Pinterest.  It came out looking delicious and the house smelled amazing. 

I then decided because it was so nice out that I would get out for a bit and get some fresh air...this is where I should have quit while I was ahead.  I put my sneakers on thought it would be a good idea to get some exercise (mistake #1) and go for a long walk.  Which I did. 

It was all going so well until about 25 minutes in the sky opened up and started down pouring!!!  I'm talking like a MONSOON of epic proportion!

I had no coat, no umbrella, no where to take shelter.  So there I was walking in the rain.  At first I tried hiding under a tree but it was raining so hard it didn't help.  I had no choice but to embrace it and just walk in the rain.  I knew I had a 20 minute walk home so what could I do?  I was completely soaked.  Clothes drenched. Mascara running down my face. Hair stuck to my head.  I can only imagine what I looked like, but I'm sure it was not as sexy as it seems to be in the movies.  It didn't feel sexy.  It felt ridiculous. I walked and walked and as I turned onto my street the sun came out.  YUP that happened too.  

After I dried off and put on warm comfy pj's I made myself a cup of tea and had a slice of the pound cake I had made that morning.  It really hit the spot!  So the moral of this story is the next time I feel the urge to exercise maybe I'll just bake another pound cake : ) 





The recipe comes from The Bitter Side of Sweet   I made one small change, substituting vanilla extract in place of strawberry extract.  The recipe came out delicious and the strawberries gave the cake just enough strawberry flavor.  Thanks to the sour cream the cake was super moist and I also added a little sugar on top for a bit of extra sweetness!
SO GOOD!! 


1 stick butter, softened 
1 cup sugar
3 eggs, room temperature 
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup strawberries, diced 




Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Spray loaf pan with non stick cooking spray and line with parchment paper.

In a large mixing bowl cream butter and sugar. 

Beat in eggs one at a time.  Mix in vanilla. 

In a separate bowl sift together flour and baking soda.
*I always use a wire whisk to break up the lumps and it works perfectly!* 

Mix flour into butter mixture alternating with sour cream until all is incorporated. 





Stir in the berries. 

Leave some to sprinkle on top.





Pour batter into the loaf pan and sprinkle with extra strawberries. 






Bake 25-30 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean.  

As soon as I took mine out of the oven I sprinkled with a little sugar on top.

Cool on a wire rack before slicing. 





Enjoy! 





So tell me, have you ever been caught in the rain? I think that might have been the first time that's ever happened to me.  Something that I will never forget, for sure! LOL

Have a great day, friends!  Don't forget your umbrella....you know, just in case!  

XOXO



1 comment:

  1. This sounds so delicious!! I may try to make it for a 4th of July get together...it looks like the perfect festive dessert. <3

    ReplyDelete