Friday, July 10, 2020

Happy Friday!



Good Morning Everyone and Happy Friday! 

I have the day off work today so I am enjoying a leisurely morning, drinking coffee, and blogging right from my comfy bed : )  I like slow mornings.... it's really what I live for.   This picture was taken last week, on the morning of the 4th.  I can't believe a week has gone by since the holiday.  We are in the thick of summer now.  The lazy hazy days we talk about all winter.  It's been hot & humid and my hair is not appreciating it. Luckily there's a/c and Downton Abbey (free on Peacock) to keep a smile on my face.  I've been rewatching the series AGAIN (for the 3rd time).  It doesn't get old and I love more every time I watch it. 






We celebrated a quiet 4th at home with blueberry pie for my mother's birthday.  

The next day we enjoyed a "socially distanced" cookout at my sister in laws.  It was a gorgeous day and felt wonderful to sit outside and enjoy the fresh air.  I brought a trifle!  







My mother likes a pie for her birthday instead of cake.  Since she's diabetic I make it with splenda instead of sugar.  That way she can eat it without worry. You honestly can't tell the difference!  

I can't be responsible for the Haagen-Daz though..... : ) 









As for the rest of the week, we spent most of it indoors.  It was rainy and hot so there wasn't much option to do anything else.  John is marathoning movies, Rob has been working, and I spend most days in from of my computer, working until mid afternoon.  By 2:30 the computer is shut off, candles are lit, and the puttering begins.  




We have another quiet weekend ahead, which is OK by me.  The news is bleak, so I'll be avoiding that at all costs.  More Downton it is!  I also just received an email that our  library is now offering curbside pick up! I already placed 2 holds so hopefully I can get them soon and start reading again.  

I remember as a kid I always loved the feeling of sitting in a cool air conditioned room reading on a hot summer day.   Some things stick with you, you know : ) 

Well, John is asking for breakfast. It could be a french toast morning.  



Have a nice weekend, everyone!  Stay cool and be safe! 


No comments:

Post a Comment