Monday, August 3, 2020

It's August! ♥

Hello from the equator!  Or so it seems....  

We're in the middle of a heat wave here in my corner of the world.  

It's not unusual for this time of year but I will admit, it's not my favorite.  

95 degrees...UGH. 

August is usually the hottest month of the year.  But the good news is it means we are getting closer to the "ber" months...which are my favorite! 




Lately I've been waking up around 7 am.  Ever since I started working from home I don't set an alarm anymore.  My body knows when to wake up.  The sun shines through my windows and I must admit, I'm longing for the days of waking up in the dark. I know some people hate that, but I love it.  I love waking up when it's still dark out.  Sipping hot coffee in bed, cozy under the covers, while I watch I Love Lucy as the sun rises.  In time.  It's already August and the days are flying by.  




Summer rolls on... 
We are still waiting to hear what John will be doing for school in September.  Will he be going back? Will he be learning from home? Or both?  We still do not know.  

To keep our minds busy we are trying to have some fun.  It IS summer vacation after all.  And even though its much different this year some things remain the same. 

Like the ocean 






We go at dinner time when there is no crowd.  Sunset picnics at the beach have become a weekly event.  And it's been lovely.  








I found this treasure last time.  

I've always wanted to find a heart shaped rock.  It finally happened! 




Makes me feel better about shopping trips to Target, which are not very enjoyable.

But this is the way it has to be & needs to be for now.  





This helps.  A new book.  And a new bedspread.  

I am loving both : )




In other news, last week I quietly celebrated a birthday.  




With cards, texts, and beautiful flowers from friends!




We ordered in lobsters and they were delicious! 








The next night my parents treated me to a turkey dinner (just like Thanksgiving!).  
My favorite meal in the world! 




46 wishes! 






Christmas in July came and went and I don't know about you, but I am obsessed with watching Christmas shows on QVC.  I rarely buy anything but I love watching. It gets me excited to decorate for the holidays : ) 




Right now my kitchen smells like cinnamon coffee cake and that makes me happy.  
It's comfortable and normal and very yummy! 




The days are long and hot but I'm doing my best to stay cool and pretend it's fall.  




Too early for pumpkin spice? Yes/No?  You know what I would say! 

Happy August friends!  I hope you are staying cool and enjoying your summer! 

 

1 comment:

  1. I hope you had a wonderful birthday! And no...it is not too early for pumpkin spice anything. Alice and I are ready for Trader Joe's pumpkin pancakes! I also love waking up in the dark- I also really like when it is dark early. I like to light candles and be cozy.

    ReplyDelete