Monday, March 15, 2021

Happy Monday! ♥


 Good Morning Friends! Happy Monday! 

This morning I'm still feeing the effects of losing an hour sleep to daylight savings. I'm slow moving but the coffee is helping : ) 

We had a nice weekend.  On Saturday we celebrated my nieces confirmation.  We were not able to go to the church because of restrictions, but we were able to attend a socially distanced dinner afterwards.  It was the first time we had been to restaurant to "eat in" since the summer.  It was wonderful to see people and it almost felt like normal times again. I had the salmon and it was delicious! 

Yesterday I did some chores in the morning but mostly had a lazy Sunday.  I had a craving for soft boiled eggs so I treated myself to brunch for one.  I love eggs this way and always forget how easy they are to make.  I especially love the toast "soldiers" to dip.  I took my plate to the couch and had myself a lovely morning. I've discovered something new on my TV.  PlutoTV.  Do you have this?  I didn't even know it was there since TVs are like computers these days with too many options.  I found it by accidently hitting the wrong button on the remote. There is a classic TV channel I have been enjoying.  It plays all favorites from my youth.... Happy Days, Lavern & Shirley, Threes Company, and others.  They don't make them like that anyone, do they?! Happy me! 

I supposed the biggest thing that happened this weekend was I started the process of registering John for high school next year.  I can hardly believe the time has come for this.  I am both excited and heartbroken at the same time.  I know I am not the first mother nor the last to feel this wave of emotions, but I have to do this process in baby steps because I'm just not not ready.  John on the other hand is excited and ready to go!! It's a rollercoaster ride around here lately and I wanna get off 😜

Right now I have a banana bread baking in the oven while I am seated at my kitchen table working.  I'm about to heat up another cup of coffee (thanks daylight savings!) and as soon as that banana bread is ready I'm cutting into it!  One of the many perks of  working from home 

Have a happy Monday friends! 

I hope you have a cozy day :) 

xoxo


**update**

jump to a few hours later....  it's goooood! : ) 




2 comments:

  1. Oh my!
    I can taste that now!!
    Again. Why are we not neighbors?
    John. High school?
    I reject that.
    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete