Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Pavlova ♥

Hello Friends! 

I've had this recipe on my to-do list for ages! Pavlova is a meringue base dessert. It's crispy on the outside and fluffy like marshmallow on the inside.  Top it with fresh whipped cream and berries and you've got a delicious light dessert that's perfect for summer!  

I have always been intimidated to make the meringue.  I thought it would be easy to burn....which it is.  Luckily I had heaven on my side and I was able to pull it off!  



 

I used this recipe from Sally's Baking Addiction.  She also gives plenty of tips and tricks on making meringues!

All you need are 4 egg whites, sugar, vanilla, cornstarch, and cream of tarter (which can be substituted with lemon juice or vinegar). 

Whip it up in a mixer and bake it! 



Isn't this beautiful?! 

And very satisfying! : )  




To make the correct size I traced a 9" baking pan on a piece of parchment paper as a guide.  




It bakes for 90 minutes and then you shut the oven off and let it rest in there for several hours to cool.  Resist the urge to touch it.  You can see (on the top right) where I tapped it a little too hard and it cracked.  It's ok though, cracks are common and it will all be covered with whip cream anyway! 




Time to assemble! 

Whip some fresh cream sweetened with sugar & vanilla.  Spread it on and the gently add your fruit on top.  
I say "gently" because the meringue is still delicate.




When ready to serve, I cut it like a pie.  It was so delicious!! 




I'm looking forward to making this again and experimenting with different fruits.  I'm thinking peaches for my next one 

We had leftovers the next day, which were a bit soggy but still yummy! It didn't stop us from finishing every bit of it! 

This could be my new summer go-to dessert : )

  Happy Wednesday Friends!  xoxox


No comments:

Post a Comment