Monday, June 21, 2021

Wedding in Newport! ♥

Good Morning Friends and happy Monday!

I hope you all had a nice weekend!  

We spent the weekend in Newport, Rhode Island celebrating Rob's sister Sara, who got married Friday night. Newport is about an hour and half drive for us, right on the waterfront. It's known for it's beautiful views, historical mansions, and delicious seafood (which I certainly took advantage of!). 

We were blessed with amazing weather, the cutest hotel room, and the most fun I've had in a long time. 
PLUS I got to see John in a suit which made me the most happy! 



 

We arrived on Thursday afternoon to check into our hotel.  We had some time to kill before meeting up with family for the rehearsal dinner, so we got an ice cream and took a walk around town.  So beautiful and quaint! 









We stayed at the Newport Bay Club & Hotel. I highly recommend it! It was right on the water and a 5 minute walk to all the shops and the wedding venue. We never had to move our car, which was great since parking is limited.  

It was the cutest room with a living room & kitchenette.  We got a one bedroom suite and John slept on the pull out sofa. 










View out our front windows...



View out the back windows...













Got a quick coffee before the rehearsal. We sat and watched the boats. 








In case you're wondering I had the chowder and the lobster salad sandwich, which was on a croissant roll.  So gooooood!!! 

At the wedding I had salmon.  I wasn't lying when I said I took full advantage of the seafood! LOL 





John and I with my niece, nephew, and the priest that married us 23 years ago! 

  


The next morning I had time to lounge in the hotel while Rob & John had breakfast with my brother in law and father in law.  Ooooh how I love to relax alone in a hotel room.  It was bliss! 



And then it was time for the wedding.  This is look #2! 



The hotel also had good lighting which I really appreciated!!!  : ) 

(FYI - my dress is from Macy's and my makeup & earrings are from Madison Marie Bridal )





Cousins! 




My sister in law in pink : ) 



My brother in law (Rob's brother) walked my mother in law down the isle ♥



Sara looked gorgeous! And that veil!!!  






Congratulations Sara & Chris! 



Yaaaay! 






With my in laws.... 









We had such a fun night.  I danced the night away and I'm still feeling it in my legs! ugh..

The next morning we met up with everyone for a delicious brunch and then we headed home.  In no time at all I unpacked, did laundry, grocery shopped and was back in my sweats which I will remain in all week : ) 

What a fun weekend we had celebrating Sara & Chris and a perfect way to kick off the summer!

Happy Monday Friends! Have a great day!!!  xoxo


1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful wedding. Everyone looked so fantastic. The girls were beautiful and the bride stunning. My gorgeous daughter and her handsome family all dressed up! My handsome grandson was amazing. I am blessed to have such a great family.

    ReplyDelete