Tuesday, January 4, 2022

What I'm Reading ♥


 I read this book over Christmas break and hung on every word.  What an amazing woman she was.  I remember being seven years old and watching her wedding.  The coach, that dress...just wow.  When she died I did not believe it.  I cried when Elton John sang "goodbye English rose" at her funeral.  It was so incredibly sad.  Still is.  I've watched her sons marry, grandchildren born, and as a curious American  have followed the Queen and Royal family over years, always wondering if they still think of her.  

Now I ask myself, how after all these years had I not read THIS book? This infamous book that caused all the scandle.  She was brave to do it and I admire her courage.  It was an incredible read and even though I knew the story, it was still eye opening reading her words.  Of course after I finished I had to do some "research" and fact checking.  This lead me down a YouTube rabbit hole that I'm still not  completely out of.  I've watched interviews, listened to podcasts, watched The Queen (with Helen Mirren) for the first time, and rewatched the last 2 seasons of the Crown.  I'm still gutted by the way that we have to wait until 2023 for the next season!



I love reading biographies!  So who should I read next?  

Let me know if you have any suggestions 


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this book! So happy you did too!!! And next? Have you read the Gene Rayburn one???? You will love it!

    ReplyDelete