Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Peach Cobbler Oatmeal ♥ (see, you can be cozy in summertime : )

Good morning friends!  ♥

We are in the middle of a heat wave here in New England.  It's been in the 90's all week with no end in sight.  Although I love the slower pace of summer days, I have no love for this unbearable heat.  These are the days I long for the crisp cool air of fall.  But alas, everything comes in time so I must be patient and try to enjoy it (insert eye roll here : ) 

Last night I made grave mistake by having a cup of coffee at 7pm! Actually it was a caramel latte and I could not resist it.  I looked at it as a delicious dessert.  And it was.  However, the caffeine got to me and I ended up being up later than usual.  I was lying in bed scrolling Pinterest (as you do!) and I came across a recipe for Peach Cobbler Oatmeal.  Thinking about the two ripe peaches sitting in my fridge I decided that first thing in the morning I would make it for breakfast.  And that's what I did!  




 

Oatmeal is the ultimate comfort food.  

Even in the summer there are ways to feel cozy ♥



We LOVE peaches around here! 



All it took was chopped peaches, cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar, and oats.  

 ♥

Here's how to make it:

3 1/2 cups water

pinch of salt

2 1/2 cups rolled oats (I used quick oats)

2 1/4 tsp cinnamon

pinch of nutmeg

2 large peaches, chopped

3-4 tbls brown sugar

chopped nuts for garnish (I omitted these) 


Bring water and salt to a boil.  Add oats, cinnamon, & nutmeg.  Stir to combine. 

Cook for 2-3 minutes or until oatmeal thickens.  Add peaches and brown sugar.  Cook for one  additional minute.   

This oatmeal is thick.  Add a splash of milk if desired to thin it out a bit if that's the way you like it : ) 




My favorite spice : ) 



I added a drizzle of honey on top for added sweetness!  ♥

Yum Yum Yum!!!



This is a large recipe, so you may want to cut it in half if you don't want to eat oatmeal for days.  I put the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge and I'll have it for breakfast for the rest of the week. 

I'm thinking a few blueberries on top would be a nice too!  

Enjoy!! xoxo 

Have a wonderful day Friends! I hope you are staying cool today and doing something you love.  

Happy Wednesday! ♥


3 comments:

  1. Oh, yum! This looks amazing. I am here from Billie Jo's blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Danielle, I am new to your blog. You have a great place here. :) The peach cobbler oatmeal looks very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my all-time favorite Sasha recipes. I love experimenting with different flavors, so if I use peaches then I substitute almond extract for the vanilla, and top the batter with sliced almonds just before baking. If I use blueberries and other red fruits, I follow the recipe but top with finely chopped pecans just before baking. In all cases, my go-to sweetener is very dark maple syrup. I love its light smoky, molasses flavor.

    ReplyDelete