Friday, April 7, 2023

Happy Easter! ♥

Hello Lovely Friends!  




I feel like only a minute ago it was Monday.  The week flew by and I can't even tell you what I did yesterday.  I think some laundry....I went to the grocery store one day...worked a lot....it's all a blur to me.  Can you relate?! 

Last Sunday we had our family holiday dinner here, which was wonderful!  For the rest of the week I've been eating fruit and salads to try to balance all the desserts and mini eggs that are still lingering around the house! That struggle is REAL : ) 

Today I made a big salad with hard boiled eggs for lunch and it was delicious.  




But then it was right back to the mini eggs!  #helpcantstop




Speaking of Sunday, I wanted to share two desserts that I prepared.  

If you are a coconut lover like I am, then you would love these macaroons.  They are so easy! 

I felt like they needed a little PIZAZZ so I drizzled them with some melted chocolate chips.  

It was a wise decision!




Recipe linked here if you want to treat yourself.  

They are as big as golf balls and so yummy! 

 




I also made a banana cream pie which was luscious.  It's the Susan Branch recipe that I love so much.  You basically make a cooked vanilla custard filling and pour it over the bananas and let it chill.  It feels very old fashioned and tastes like it too.   

This time I made a graham cracker crust because I find that sometimes with cream pies a pastry crust can get soggy.  This did not.  

I will confess that I did use Cool Whip instead of real whip cream! I have no regrets : ) 






Everyone loved it!  Recipe linked here.  

If you don't know by now I want to be Susan Branch when I grow up!  Love her soooo much! 







Anyway, Easter dinner #1 was a success!  This Sunday we are invited to my brother in laws for dinner with Rob's family.  I'm looking forward to catching up with everyone.  And I heard there might be an egg hunt.  I hope that rumor is true!  I'm pretty good at egg hunts.  It's one of my hidden talents : ) 





I'm planning on our traditional cinnamon rolls for breakfast and then we'll go to an early mass as a family.   

We'll have plenty of time to relax before we're off to dinner.  




 
I'm wishing you all a happy and healthy Easter!  

I hope you spend your day with your loved ones, eating chocolate eggs & jelly beans!  

Remember to wear your stretchy pants! 



Because you'll need them!  


Is the Wizard of Oz or Mary Poppins on Sunday night?  When I was a kid I remember they were ALWAYS on Easter night and it was a BIG deal!  Remember that excitement?  

Ahh...take me back! 

Happy Easter friends! Have a wonderful weekend! 

xoxoxo

3 comments:

  1. This special time is more meaningful with family. Susan Branch!! One of my favorite people! Wishing you Easter blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter!!!!!!!!! Miss you all!

    ReplyDelete