Friday, June 9, 2023

Not the week I planned... ♥



Hello lovely friends! 

 I've missed this space! I am finally able to get my feet on the ground again and update you on the crazy week I've had.  I had a plan for the week, and this certainly wasn't it.  

I got a phone call from Rob on Monday afternoon telling me to meet him at the ER because he was having sever abdominal pain.  We didn't know if it was his appendix, a heart attack, or what.  Well, after six and half hours in the emergency room it was confirmed he had an infected gallbladder that had to be removed asap.  The next morning he had emergency surgery and had it taken out.  Thankfully, he came through surgery just fine, however recovery from major surgery is no cake walk.  Three days later he's out of the hospital and finally home but he's in a lot of pain.  It's going to take some time for his body to heal from this.  No heavy lifting for awhile and he'll be out of work for at least a few weeks. 

I am aware of how lucky he is as it could have been much worse.  Being in and out of the hospital makes a person truly appreciate health and a comfortable place to go home to. Unfortunately, I've been through this type of hospital situation before over the past few years and it's never easy.  I keep thinking about the nice couple we met waiting in the ER with us.  And the dear man Rob had as a roommate, who was a priest of all things! (how lucky was he?!).  I pray they are all doing well and back home with their families soon. 

 I am very thankful to have my little family of three home, together again 

He's sleeping now and the house is quiet.  My mother in law just dropped off some soup and I have a vanilla candle flickering on the coffee table.  Finally it's peaceful. As you know I LOVE my life when it's boring and this certainly wasn't that.  I'm hoping now to jump back into some sense of normalcy and get back to being boring.  I miss it.  

In other news, John has 2 days of school left and then final exams.  We can see summer vacation on the horizon.  It's almost here! 

I hope you are all doing great! I'm looking forward to catching up with your blogs and getting back into the loop! : ) 

Have a wonderful weekend, my friends!  I'm looking forward to some much needed rest and mindless TV watching! Oh, and maybe an ice cream for the patient (and me too!!) so a Dairy Queen run might be needed.  

Stay Cozy and we'll talk soon! 



Byeeeee!! xoxox 

6 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so sorry to hear that! How scary it must have been for you. How are you with the smoke/haze? Here in northwest NJ it's been bad but nothing like the photos I see from NYC...yikes! Wednesday at school we could not see the end of our main hallway, everyone was wearing masks and we had no outdoor activity. And yet, still better than our poor friends in Canada! Have a blessed weekend and hope Rob is feeling better day by day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a week! Thank goodness he's home and recovering. I love boring weeks too :) Hopefully you'll get to relax this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So thankful that he is home and resting now. I will pray for your life to get back to boring. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about Rob but thankfully it was nothing too serious. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh My Goodness! Glad all went well. It takes time to heal. Prayers sent your way for his speedy recovery. My sweet man went through this a few years ago.
    ~Nancy (nance endless summer)

    ReplyDelete
  6. may he have a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete