Friday, September 1, 2023

A Day in Plymouth, MA ♥

Hello Friends! Happy September 1st! 

September has finally arrived.  It's still hot and humid here and John is still trying to live in endless summer. He starts school on Tuesday and is hanging on to every last second of vacation.  I honestly don't blame him, however my heart is officially in Fall mode now and I love it.  I wait for it all year and I couldn't be more at peace with it. 

On Wednesday my friend Julie and I took our boys on a little day trip to Plymouth.  I say day trip like it's a far away place.  Plymouth is under an hour from my house. I don't know why I don't visit it more.  Sometimes you forget what's in your own backyard, if that makes any sense.  There is so much history in Plymouth.  You can feel it in the air.  The harbor area is absolutely beautiful and there are so many quaint shops to pop in and out of.  After 5 minutes I made a mental decision to come back at Christmastime to do some shopping. (I saw a few gift ideas!) It's quintessential "New England" and the square is something out of a Hallmark movie (and you know how I feel about that : ) 




 

It was a warm day, overcast, but thankfully didn't rain on us!  We parked on the waterfront, right in front of the Mayflower II, which is a replica of the original Mayflower.  Steps away is the famous Plymouth Rock.  It's the first spot the Pilgrims touched land in 1620.  The rock is much smaller than you think it would be, but the significance of it is beyond measure.   






We had the best time walking around town, poking in and out of shops, and finally ending up at an ice cream candy shop that a friend of Julie's recommended.  It was divine! 




At one point we stumbled upon a secret garden! 

Well, it wasn't really secret, but it was awfully pretty! 










There are statutes and memorials all over town.  It's really nice to see them up close.  So many times you drive by things but never really stop and look at them.  It was nice to take a leisurely day to appreciate a part of my home state.  







There are many museums and other memorials to visit that are all incredible and very informative....but we were in more of an outdoorsy mood and wanted to take in what was outside.  

And then it was on to the sweet shop.  John said it reminded him of Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory.  They make everything right there on side.  I wish this picture had smell.  Oh my days it was heavenly.....




Some of us got ice cream and some of us (me!) got iced coffee with whip cream.  It was yummy.  And then I spotted something I've been wanting all summer....




Salt water taffy! I missed my chance to get some when were in Cape Cod a few weeks ago and have been kicking myself ever since.  I was so happy to take a bag home before summer officially ended. 

*sidenote* they were DELICIOUS and are already gone!*






Thank you for a lovely day Plymouth! I will see you again soon. 
Maybe for a seafood dinner, who knows?? : )  




Happy Labor Day Weekend Everyone! When I was little I remember always watching the Jerry Lewis MDA Telethon Labor Day Weekend.  Does anyone else remember that?  It was exciting to see what celebrities would come on an make donations.  Those were the days before the internet and social media, when celebrities were still "mysterious" and to see them live was something special.  My, how times have changed!

Have a great day friends!  Rob and John are going to a concert tonight (that was part of John's birthday gift) so I'm on my own for the evening.  I have the whole TV to myself but I'll probably just curl up with my book and fall asleep.   Exciting I know, but honestly, I've been looking forward to it all week! 

Byeeeee!  


8 comments:

  1. I've never been to Plymouth! What an interesting place. Hoping your September is the best one ever, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful place to spend the day!!!! I have never been, but plan on it someday! We have some friends up that way! I know you are enjoying your evening, my friend. It sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Plymouth is one of my favorite places to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I very much enjoyed hearing about your trip to Plymouth. The pictures are wonderful. I have been to Plymouth many times. The little shops and the history are great to see and visit. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Contact Captain WebGenesis, the best hacker.

    Because she believed I was out of the country, my wife thought I was a fool not to learn about her undercover romances with a few random males. Well, Captain WebGenesis, I owe you a big thank you for helping me capture my unfaithful wife covertly and remotely. Contact Captain WebGenesis if you require the assistance of a skilled hacker including services such as Bitcoin recovery, Credit score fixing, clearing criminal records and many more Email address to reach out the Expert is (captainwebgenesis@hackermail.com).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bitcoin investments Scams

    Beware of Bitcoin investment schemes where scammers, posing as experienced "investment managers," lure investors with tales of massive cryptocurrency profits. Promising hefty returns, these fraudsters ask for an upfront fee, only to vanish with your money, leaving you with empty promises. They may even ask for personal information under the guise of fund transfers, risking your cryptocurrency security. Don't let the allure of quick wealth cloud your judgment. Always verify the credibility of those you're investing with and remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Stay informed, invest wisely, and protect your digital assets.

    Got Scammed Online?

    Rustik Cyber Hack Service Team Of Experts Specialize In Retrieving Lost Funds From fraudulent Brokers. Crypto, BTC, Usdt , Eth, and Bank Transferred Funds scammed, etc.

    Get more information on Web site: RUSTIKCYBERHACKSERVICE. COM and easily reach out to Rustik Cyber Hack Service through WhatsApp + 1.38.63.48.78.38 and Telegram: @rustikcyberhackservice Email: rustikcyberhackservice@Gmail.com

    #CryptoScamAlert #InvestSmart #BitcoinBeware #SecureYourCrypto #FraudPrevention

    ReplyDelete