Friday, August 25, 2023

If at first you don't succeed....keep baking bread ♥

Hello Friends! Happy Friday! 

I woke up to a dark and stormy morning. I lit my kitchen twinkle lights and poured a cup of hot coffee.  I added a dash of pumpkin spice creamer and here I am.  Loving every minute.  And it's Friday to boot!  I've had a busy work week and I'm so happy that it's finally winding down.  

Why does coffee taste so much better on cold dark mornings? I don't know why, but it just does.  
 




One of the highlights of my week was a delicious loaf of sourdough bread.  Yes that was a highlight.  I'm clearly overly excited about this bread but I have good reason.  After a year of trial and error I think I finally figured out how to make sourdough.  I'm a work in progress but this one was the best I've made so far.  

Baking bread is a labor of love.  Especially sourdough.  It can't be rushed, which is something I enjoy about it. I love making the dough and waiting for it to rise.  I love when it finally becomes a smooth loaf to shape, score, and bake.  And let's not forget the absolute blissful aroma of baking bread.  It's something no candle can even come close to.  I've had flat starters, bread that didn't rise, and worse.....bread you could build a wall with. I've even burned loaves and had to through them out.  Heartbreaking. 

I'm so happy I didn't give up! 





I posted this picture on Instagram and a few of you have asked me for the recipe.  Here is the one I used.  

 




This loaf was almost too pretty to eat.  ALMOST. 

It was so good and I want to make another one asap.  This little loaf of bread has kickstarted me into comfort food mode.  It's time for chicken pot pies and pot roasts and soups!  I think Fall and Winter is the best time of year for cooking.  Get out your stretchy pants Ladies! The time has come and there's nothing we can do to stop it  :) 

Have a great weekend friends! We have nothing special planned, which means it's going to be a comfy and cozy few days spent at home 

I hope you enjoy whatever you have planned.  It's almost September! xoxo


7 comments:

  1. I can say one thing about you, girl... you have a lot more patience than me! But, I do love freshly baked bread, dripping with butter... Okay. I gotta stop and get in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I have started paying closer attention to the labels on my food and the GMO stuff is really concerning! I could try to bake my own bread, right????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Making bread is one of my favorite things to do. Your loaf came out gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That first cup of coffee each morning is so special to me and something I always look forward to. It's been a while since I last baked bread, but I've saved your recipe and as soon as the weather cools off I'll be making it! That is one gorgeous loaf of bread!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you and it turned out beautifully! Yes, let's hear it for comfort food season almost here. I'm ready for it too. ;0) Covid inspired me to bake my first loaves of homemade bread ever! And I really enjoyed it. I need to do more of that this season too. Thanks for the inspiration. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Contact Captain WebGenesis, the best hacker.

    Because she believed I was out of the country, my wife thought I was a fool not to learn about her undercover romances with a few random males. Well, Captain WebGenesis, I owe you a big thank you for helping me capture my unfaithful wife covertly and remotely. Contact Captain WebGenesis if you require the assistance of a skilled hacker including services such as Bitcoin recovery, Credit score fixing, clearing criminal records and many more Email address to reach out the Expert is (captainwebgenesis@hackermail.com).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bitcoin investments Scams

    Beware of Bitcoin investment schemes where scammers, posing as experienced "investment managers," lure investors with tales of massive cryptocurrency profits. Promising hefty returns, these fraudsters ask for an upfront fee, only to vanish with your money, leaving you with empty promises. They may even ask for personal information under the guise of fund transfers, risking your cryptocurrency security. Don't let the allure of quick wealth cloud your judgment. Always verify the credibility of those you're investing with and remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Stay informed, invest wisely, and protect your digital assets.

    Got Scammed Online?

    Rustik Cyber Hack Service Team Of Experts Specialize In Retrieving Lost Funds From fraudulent Brokers. Crypto, BTC, Usdt , Eth, and Bank Transferred Funds scammed, etc.

    Get more information on Web site: RUSTIKCYBERHACKSERVICE. COM and easily reach out to Rustik Cyber Hack Service through WhatsApp + 1.38.63.48.78.38 and Telegram: @rustikcyberhackservice Email: rustikcyberhackservice@Gmail.com

    #CryptoScamAlert #InvestSmart #BitcoinBeware #SecureYourCrypto #FraudPrevention

    ReplyDelete