Thursday, August 22, 2024

Individual eggplant parms ♥

I saw this little eggplant parm hack on Giada De Laurentiis' Instagram last week.  

I tried it and it was a big hit.  

You start with small Japanese eggplants.  

They cook faster and are less bitter. 




 
Cut them in half and score them.

Drizzle them with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.

Roast at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. 





Top each eggplant half with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese.

Now top with a mixture of panko breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese.

Drizzle with more olive oil. 






Return to oven and roast another 15 minutes until the breadcrumbs are browned and the cheese is all melty and yummy! 





Enjoy! 

I wish I got a better picture of these because they were really delicious, but my family was hungry, and I wanted to serve these up quick.  

They were so good!!!!




I love a good shortcut, don't you? 😉


6 comments:

  1. This looks easy and delicious! Anything topped with breadcrumbs and cheese has to be good. I have one of Giada's cookbooks - it may be her first one. I miss her show along with so many others from years ago on The Food Network.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that this sounds easier and they look divine! Thanks for sharing my Friend. 😋 Blessings on your weekend ahead. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this!! Perfect timing in seeing this. I just bought two small eggplants today at the farmers market and this is what I'll do with them for Sunday's dinner. Happy Friday!! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so yummy ! I think I’ll try it this week! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete