Monday, August 19, 2024

John is 17! ♥

Good Morning Friends and Happy Monday! 

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! As I write this post it's early Monday morning.  I'm sitting on my back porch with my laptop and coffee.  It rained last night so this morning it's nice and cool and feels a bit tropical.  It's going to heat up later this afternoon, so I thought I'd get some porch time in now.  

So what's new?? On Friday I blinked and John turned 17! I can hardly believe it.  He's such a great kid and every day I feel so blessed! 

I'm still getting used to the facial hair.  It's finally growing on me : ) 




He had a great day.  I took work off and we spent the whole day together.  Later, we went out to eat with family at a restaurant of his choice.  It was delicious.  

And this is the face of a person who had the waiter and two other workers singing happy birthday to him.  

I had to do it! :)




Time really does fly by, doesn't it? Gone are the days of birthday parties and goodie bags.  I remember every year we would go to the party store and pick out a theme (it was usually something Disney related like Toy Story or Cars) and get all the decorations, balloons, and cake to match the theme.  It was so much fun and I have to say my heart hurts a little because I miss those days...however now is pretty good too! We have coffee together, have long talks and laugh a lot, go walking, watch movies, and I'm so grateful that my 17 year old still likes to hang out with his old mamma 





In other new we have now entered my favorite part of summer, which is LATE summer.  The last half of August is very exciting for me because it means summer is coming to an end.  The stores are all selling school supplies (some schools are already in session!) and outside I can see small changes in nature that tell me fall is coming.  I'm noticing its getting darker a littler earlier these days and look at this dappling sunlight coming through the bathroom window. 

That's fall on it's way! 






Last week a good friend of my mom's stopped by and brought us these gorgeous sunflowers. 
For me, they are a fall flower.  I love them in arrangements with pumpkins and mums.  

This bouquet was a little sign of things to come. 





In the office park where I work there is a little outdoor sitting area behind the buildings. There's a pond and a little walking trail that you can escape too if you need a break in the work day. 


  I took a walk over there one day last week.  It had been a while since I'd been there and I suddenly remembered how much I love it.  Before covid (when I worked in office 5 days a week) I would spend my lunch hours here.  Even though this sanctuary is tucked in the middle of a busy office park you would be surprised at how quiet is.  So many of my coworkers work through lunch or eat a their desks. Not me.  

I need the break. 






I need these little stolen moments of peace of my day.  Even if it's only 10 minutes.  It does wonders.

When I was walking back to the office, I passed by this pine tree and got a big whiff of PINE which instantly reminded me of Christmastime.  It gave me the biggest smile. 

Thank you God & thank you nature 





On my way home that day I stopped at Bath & Body Works to get a candle not knowing they were having a bye one-get one free sale! I had to take advantage of that.  

I can hardly wait to burn these!!! 




The rest of the week included working from home, walks around the neighborhood, cleaning out some closets at home, and driving John here there and everywhere.  On Sunday I was finally able to rest.  I was flipping channels and got the urge to watch Downton Abbey.  I watched the first two episodes on Prime and I'm hooked all over again!  Of course I paused between episodes to make tea! Every time I watch this show I notice new things and I'm just as enchanted as ever.  It's very clear to me I was born in the wrong era! 

I hope you all have a great Monday, my dear friends! I'll be around to visit your blogs today.  I can't wait to see what you all have been up to.  Do what you love today.  Life is too short not to! 

Love you, bye! xoxox 

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to you son!! Time does go by so quickly. Yes, the 'bers' are right around the corner and I couldn't be any happier. The park you visit for a break is lovely. I am guilty of eating at my desk and have to remind myself to take the break, pick up my book and enjoy my lunch time. It does make a difference. I hope you have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to John!! He sounds like a really awesome kid! I'm so glad he enjoyed his special day. Sunflowers remind me of fall too. I've also noticed the evenings getting darker earlier. And the temperatures and humidity have dropped here. Fall is just around the corner! What a nice little sitting area in the office park where you work. Like you, I always needed a break at lunch when I worked. It made such a difference to just get out for a bit. I hope you are doing something that makes you feel happy today. I made myself a cup of matcha tea and took a walk outside in the glorious sunshine. Have a great week, Danielle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOW I RECOVER MY $250,000 FROM FAKE INVESTMENT BROKER

    I thought I'd lost everything when I fell victim to ruthless scammers, surrendering over $250,000 in investments and another $175,000 in bitcoin trying to track them down. But then, I stumbled upon a lifeline - jetwebhackers company that promised to help me recover my losses. Skeptical at first, I took a chance... and it paid off! Not only did I recover a substantial amount, but the scammers were also brought to justice and their website taken down! If you're in the same boat, don't give up hope. Reach out to these experts and get your life back on track!"
    Quickly reach out to JETWEBHACKERS, on their

    EMAIL:jetwebhackers@gmail.com

    TELEGRAM: @jetwebhackers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't is strange when our "boys" start growing beards? I remember when my oldest did and they suddenly look like men. Happy Birthday to John! And that walking area at your work complex looks very inviting and relaxing. The work day would definitely warrant a break out there at least once during the day.

    ReplyDelete