Monday, May 23, 2011

Seduced By Starbucks

Friday night I was seduced.  I was seduced by a skinny vanilla latte at Starbucks.  What is it about Starbucks that makes my conscious self think that it's ok to spend $4.30 on a coffee?

It was all so innocent.  It was Friday night and I was going food shopping.  It had been a long day of work and mommy duties, so I was happy for the hour "break" - even if it was at a grocery story.  Within eye-shot of the supermarket I saw THE name in green and white lights.  Without even thinking I drove straight to the front door and there I was. The sounds of Sinatra lured me in and then it happened.  I got a whiff of that smell.  That smell I LOVE so much.  It's a blend of fresh ground coffee, vanilla, and whatever it is that makes Starbucks - Starbucks.  I love it so much.  I tried to rationalize with myself that it was OK because it had been a hard day and I deserved a treat. To most this treat would be martini, or a new pair of shoes at best. For me, it's a vanilla latte at Starbucks - with vanilla powder sprinkled on top.  Ahhh...

Don't get me wrong - I'm a Dunkin Donuts girl at heart, but some days just call for a Starbucks run. 

Honestly, I think a new pair of shoes would have been cheaper, but not nearly as delicious!

Now that I think about it, those Starbucks people know what their doing.  I mean really - who's gonna say No to Sinatra?

No comments:

Post a Comment