Monday, September 11, 2017

September Sundays

Today was a good day.  Our kitchen cabinets were finally put in yesterday and I spent this morning unpacking the final boxes that were sitting on the kitchen floor. 

As soon as I empty a box...out the door it goes and that's a great feeling! 




I came across the box that had my candles in it!

Happy Dance!  

I just had one problem.  No matches.  I snapped this picture and then realized I had nothing to light the candle.  The good news is I just had to run downstairs to get some from my mother's kitchen.  The other day she "borrowed" two eggs from me.  We are helping each other out! : ) 





Here's a peek into my kitchen area. 




Decorating for Fall has been fun.  It was a nice time to move in because all the décor is very warm and homey.  I feel comforted. 






I had a craving for banana bread so I decided to drop everything and make some. I think of banana bread as comfort food, don't you?  Plus it makes the house smell amazing! 

Rob was watching football, John was on the computer, and my parents were puttering around downstairs.  The weather was sunny, cool, and breezy.  And I finally got my hands on some matches to light my candles.  It was a typical September Sunday. 

My favorite kind. 





I couldn't find my usual recipe (not sure where that book is??? :)  so I googled one from Allrecipes.com.  It was easy and came out delicious!

2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 mashed bananas 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine flour, baking soda, and salt. 

In a separate bowl cream butter and brown sugar.  Stir in eggs and bananas.

Combine the wet ingredients to the dry until just combined.  

Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake for 60 minutes.




This bread is delicious and not overly sweet.  Aaaaand, it's perfect for sharing with your landlords! 





Sending a cup of tea and a virtual slice of this bread with all you today <3





5 comments:

  1. We love banana bread, especially during the fall and winter. Everything looks so cozy! Happy Monday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the peacefulness in your post today...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So this post is absolutely perfect.
    Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is SHOCKING news in the sports betting world.

    It has been said that every bettor must watch this,

    Watch this or quit betting on sports...

    Sports Cash System - Advanced Sports Betting Software

    ReplyDelete