Friday, September 22, 2017

Happy Friday!

Good Morning! It's Friday!

This week has gone by in a flash. Is it really the 22nd already? The month started off with summer still on our minds but now I'm in full Fall mode. I've officially put my flip flops away for the season.  

Happy First Day of Fall!! We've been waiting all year and it's finally here! ♥ 

The mornings are chilly and brisk, just the way I like them this time of year.  I look forward to weekends more and more because it means staying cozy at home and not having to rush out in the morning.  Plus my coffee tastes just a little bit sweeter these days...♥ 






It's pumpkin spice everything now (yay!).  This coffee creamer is my favorite!!! 






Goes perfectly with breakfast.  I'm obsessed with the cranberry muffins at my work cafeteria. They don't have pumpkin (I know, right???) but these are just as yummy!  If I get there early enough, I can get one still warm....right from the oven.  And only $1.50! Sometimes office life has it's perks! 


My two favorite Fall scents: Spiced Pumpkin and Autumn Leaves.  
I've stocked up on these for the next few months : ) 





It's still dark out when I get up in the morning now.  I shuffle out into the kitchen at about 6:00 am  to pour my coffee and I can still smell the scent of the candle I had burning the night before. Don't you just love that? 

This week we had rain and it felt more like November than October.  John was home sick on Tuesday and Wednesday : (  He was genuinely disappointed to be missing school which made my heart happy because he's loving this year so much! He went back Thursday and is feeling much better. 

Even though he wasn't feeling well I think he enjoyed staying cozy on those stormy days.

I was a bit jealous actually...



This weather has me in the mood to make soup.  But what kind? Do you have any suggestions? 



'


Monday I had to run to Khols to return something and I accidentally found the coziest gray cardigan ever! I slipped it on and it was a match made in heaven! I haven't taken it off since.  Seriously, I've worn it every day.  I love it!  Have I ever mentioned how much I love Khols? It's my favorite store! I hate clothes shopping with a passion, but I always find something  there that fits me well and isn't super expensive.
That's a win/win in my book. They also have an awesome housewares department.  Right now it's decorated for Halloween and Thanksgiving!  I did see the start of some Christmas items in the back corner, but I don't want to rush it ♥ 

I'm trying very hard to consciously  slow things down....I'm always in such a rush and I hate it.  Trying to live more in the moment and not worry about tomorrow.  There is something to that theory.  Deep breaths help too ♥ 



Take time out for yourself  (with no guilt) is key! 





This weekend I'm looking forward getting my hair done on Saturday, a visit to the library (because I need a good book!) seeing Stronger Saturday evening, and having dinner at my mother in laws on Sunday.  This weekend does NOT include unpacking because guess what.....I'm all done!  Every box is emptied!!!  It feels so good to be organized and not have that big weight hanging over my shoulder.  Maybe now I can catch up on some sleep : ) 


Happy Friday and have a wonderful weekend, my friends! xo 





6 comments:

  1. SO much to love here, Danielle!!!
    Love your choice of creamer...same as me...
    Love you choice of candles...same as me...
    Love your cardigan!!!
    I have one I wear all the time.
    But this week it has been too warm!
    Your weekend sounds lovely!
    And THANK YOU!!!!
    I love my happy meal!!!
    You are the best!
    Hugs my twin!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from Billie Jo's blog. I too love fall and am excited for the season change. Your cranberry muffin looks delicious! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Fall too, Danielle, although our weather has been a little crazy lately. We're looking at high 80s for the weekend & early part of next week which is so very unusual for us this time of year. It is chilly in the morings thought. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness, I loved every single thing on this post. ;)
    I need to find Spiced Pumpkin by Yankee Candle. I'm not familiar with that one!
    What brand is your cardigan from? I may have to hunt it down. I'm looking for a few to add to my wardrobe. (hee hee)
    Happy Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I figured out how to comment on blogs again....!
    I love butternut squash soup and a chef friend posted photos of albondigas soup (meatballs) and it looked delicious.
    I am a faithful Kohl's shopper, too. They have some great sales and lots of merchandise!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha my mom already said pretty much everything I would say! LOVE everything in this post! Spiced Pumpkin Yankee Candle is truly the scent of fall! Also, I'm getting my hair done next week and can't wait. Walking out of the salon is the best feeling ever. <3

    Love, Madison http://breakfastatmadisons.com

    ReplyDelete