Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Chicken pot pie recipe ♥




Hello! It’s me again!  In my last post I showed you a picture of the chicken pot pie I made on Sunday. A few of you asked me for the recipe so I thought I would post it here.  I actually got this recipe from a kids cooking show on cable that John and I watched last year.  It’s the first thing he ever cooked for dinner. 

I like this version because you make it with chicken broth and not canned soup, which I don’t always have on hand.  Anyway, here it is in case you are interested.   Also, I made my own crust with flour, water, and Crisco – but prepared frozen crust from the grocery store works great too!


5 tbsp. butter
4 tbsp. Flour
2 cups frozen mixed veggies (you can add more if you really want to bulk it up! : )
2 cups chicken broth
2 cups cooked chicken, cut into chunks (I buy the Perdue fully cooked Chicken cuts)
1 cup cream (or milk)
Salt & pepper
Prepared pie crust

In a large skillet over medium heat melt half of the butter.  Add the veggies and sauté for a few minutes.  Add the rest of the butter and the flour.  Stir with a whisk until the flour is dissolved.  (The sauce will become thick and will coat the veggies) Cook for about a minute.  Add the chicken broth and cook for an additional 2 – 3 minutes.  Add the milk and season with salt and pepper.  Whisk it all together on low heat until creamy.  Finally stir in the chicken. 
Pour into a baking dish and cover with crust.  I greased the edges of my baking dish so the crust would not stick.  Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 40-45 minutes. 





Enjoy! 

Have left overs (if there are any)  for lunch the next day ♥ 



4 comments:

  1. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!
    Now...could you come down and do a tutorial????
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chicken pot pie is one of my favourite comfort foods. I love how you decorated it with a heart. Your recipe sounds much simpler than the one I use. Thanks for sharing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I LOVE chicken pot pie. I'll have to make this soon. It's perfect for a fall meal. <3

    ReplyDelete