Saturday, April 21, 2018

Exploring in your own city: Boston ♥



Yesterday we decided to be tourists in our own city!
 
John has been on Spring vacation all week.  It's rained almost every day, but on Friday the sun came out!  Rob and I were both off so for something a bit different we took John into Boston for the afternoon. 
 
I really wanted to show him the swan boats at the Public Garden, so off we went! 
 
 
 
 
 
It was cool (high 40's) but warm in the sun.  It was a perfect day for exploring!
 
 
 
 
 
 
It's been a few years since I've been here so you can say I was a bit excited! : )



 
 
 
I remember coming here on a field trip in second grade and riding the swan boats for the first time.  It's pretty much a tradition for people that live here. 
 
 
 
 
 
They haven't changed at all! (thankfully!)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Make way for ducklings!"
 
 
 
 
We strolled along enjoying the sun and scenery.
 
 
 
 
There were others walking and picnicking, and one violin player on the bridge playing music for us.
 
 
 
 
 
 I would have stayed here all day if  I could have! ♥
 
 
 

 



Sometimes I forget how charming this part of the city is.  Full of historical statutes and old brick buildings.
 
I love it!
 

 
 
I was so happy to see that even though it doesn't quite feel like spring yet, the trees are starting to bloom! Yay!
 
 
 
 
 
So lovely!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We also took some time and walked Paul Revere's Freedom Trail.
It celebrates the American Revolution and leads you to different historical sites around the city by following the line in the bricks....
 
 
 
 
 
And stopped off at Faneuil Hall for some shopping!
 
 
 
 
 
We couldn't leave Boston with stopping in the North End on Hanover Street for some sweets and cappuccino!
 
*If you even come to Boston this section hands down had the best restaurants!!! ♥
(my hands are flailing right now! : )
 
 
 
 
 
Modern Pastry is my favorite.  Unfortunately they don't offer anything nut free for John so we got him a gelato next door which he was quite happy with! 
 
Then we came back so Mommy & Daddy could pick something out....:)
 
 
 
 
 
My choice!
 

 
 
Anxiously waiting for my café!
 
 
 
 
 We had a beautiful day walking around and exploring.  The best part is showing John things that are totally new to him.  There is so much more to see in the city and I'm looking forward to more field trips in the future!  ♥
 
(my only complaint is do you think I could get my family to pose for one picture for me?
Nope! I'll get them next time! grrrr....)
 
 
 
 
 It was a great ending to his spring vacation!
 
 
Have you ever been to Boston? What's your favorite part?  Next Sunday I'm heading into the Museum of Fine Arts for the Art in Bloom exhibit.  I'll be taking you along, so stay tuned!
 
Have a great weekend, loves! xo
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how lovely! I would love to visit Boston someday! We have similar swan boats on the lakes in Copenhagen. I still need to get around to riding them!

    Madison | Breakfast at Madison’s

    ReplyDelete