Wednesday, December 19, 2018

12 Days of Christmas // Homemade Amaretto

Hello Friends! Welcome to day 7 of the 12 days of Christmas!  Today I'm sharing with you something a little different.  Alcohol! LOL
 
First let me start by saying that I am not a big drinker.  I hardly ever drink at all.  On the rare occasion that I do indulge, it's usually holiday time and one drink that I do enjoy is Amaretto.  I've never drank beer in my life (don't like the smell) and wine tends to give me a headache. BUT I do like the sweet stuff.  That being said, back in December 2012 I came across a recipe for homemade amaretto.  I had no idea how easy it was to make. I went out and bought some pretty bottles and made up a batch to give away as gifts.  It was a big hit!
 
For this year's 12 Days of Christmas I thought it would be fun to repost the recipe since some of you may have missed the original post .....7 years ago!
 
If you like amaretto or know someone that does, give this a try.  It's so simple and they will love you
 
 ♥
 
 
December 3, 2012
 
 
Ok, I'll admit it.  I'm starting to feel a little stressed.  I try so hard to enjoy every detail of the holidays and in the process I end up driving myself crazy. Does that ever happen to you?  I still have so much to do and I can feel the days wizzing by, getting closer and closer to the 25th.  I need to chill.  To de-stress.  Should I take a hot bath?  Go for a drive?  How about make homemade amaretto? Bingo!

This recipe comes to us from Tracy at Shutterbean.com.  As soon as I saw this I knew I had to make it.  Amaretto is one liquor that I absolutely love. I couldn't believe how simple it was and truly took no time at all.  Taste testing along the way was also interesting.  I had a fine night sleep that night! Stress free! Thanks Tracy : )
 
 
 
 


1 cup water
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 cups vodka
2 tablespoons almond extract
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Combine water and sugars in a saucepan over medium heat.  Heat until the mixture is boiling and all of the sugar is dissolved.  Remove from heat and let mixture cool for 30 minutes.

Stir vodka, almond extract, and vanilla extract into the mixture.  Strain through a coffee filter for a clearer Amaretto and store in a sealed bottle.  Makes 3 cups.

You can drink the Amaretto immediately, but you'll find it gets better with age.


 
 
Sip it over ice or stir a splash into coffee or hot chocolate.  Put it in a pretty bottle and give it to a friend ~

Cheers!
 
 
Thank you for joining me today! Make sure you stop by my friend Madison's blog for some festive Christmas sugar cookies as part of her 12 days! I wish I had one right now! ♥
 
 
See you tomorrow! xo

1 comment:

  1. Sound good and easy to make, Ill have to give it a try. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete