Sunday, December 16, 2018

12 Days of Christmas // Baked Oatmeal ♥



It's day 4....Baked oatmeal is one of my most favorite breakfasts, especially in winter.  I like to have mine drizzled with warm honey or maple syrup. Baked oatmeal is hearty and will warm you on a cold snowy day.  I was thinking today how lovely this would be on Christmas morning.  Maybe with some crispy bacon on the side.  This version has bananas and almonds in it, but you could certainly leave them out if you wish.  I once substituted the bananas with blueberries and it was delicious ♥

2 cups oats
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 cups milk
2 eggs  (1 large egg or 2 small)
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 bananas
1/2 cup sliced almonds
 
 
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
 
In a large bowl combine the oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. 
 
 
In a separate bowl mix the maple syrup, milk, eggs, butter, and vanilla. 
 
 
Combine the wet and dry ingredients.  Mix in the almonds. 
Spray a 9 inch pie plate with nonstick spray.  Slice up one of the bananas and arrange it on the bottom of the dish.  Pour the oat mixture over the banana. 
Slice the second banana and arrange it on the top.   Sprinkle on a few more almonds if you wish.
 
Bake for 40 minutes, until golden brown.  Smells delicious.....
 
Serve warm, drizzled with a little cream or honey on top! Mmmmm!





As I type this it's after 11pm and all I can think about is breakfast ♥



 
 
Tonight's tea selection was very special.  It's from a Downton Abbey tea sampler that I received from my friend Marcia last Christmas.  I've been saving these tea bags, only having them on special occasions, because I want them to last.  The Downton Abbey movie trailer came out this week and I've really been missing me some Downton Abbey. 
 
 
 

Mrs. Patmore's Pudding Black Tea has notes of blackberry and vanilla. 
 
It smells as good as it tastes~
 
I cannot wait until next September to see this movie.  Just the theme music in the trailer gave me chills! : )


 
 
Happy Sunday night, my friends! Tomorrow I'm volunteering at John's school's holiday bizarre.  I'm excited to see all the kids shopping and having their picture taken with Santa. 
 
I bet you can guess what tomorrow's post will be about!  ♥
 
 
See you then for day 5!  (we are getting closer! :)
 
 



7 comments:

  1. I LOVE baked oatmeal!! I just might make that for in the morning! It's nice to have a pan of it that you can have for breakfasts for the week! And I'm with you....can not WAIT until the Downton Abbey movie!! I am simply obsessed with that show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing!
    I will have Madison whip this up for us!
    Thanks...
    Have a fun day today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like such a great recipe! Love your blog ��

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, this looks fantastic! YUM. Can't wait to see today's post. :)

    Madison | Breakfast at Madison’s

    ReplyDelete
  5. May your home be filled with Christmas songs, cakes, candies and all the love that this festive season brings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the baked oatmeal recipe. I'm going to try this on Christmas morning for Gene and me!! Thanks!! I know you'll have lots of fun at the school bizarre. I'll look forward to hearing about it!! Jane xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. We always have a Boxing Day breakfast, so I'll be making these baked oats for that. I can't wait for the Downton movie! I've been rewatching Downton Abbey for the last couple of months- I'm just near the end of series 6 currently. I will be one of those people who sit in a tent in line for a week waiting to get in to see the film! ;)

    ReplyDelete