Thursday, December 20, 2018

12 Days of Christmas // Vintage Hollywood Holiday

Hello Lovely Friends!
 
Welcome to day 8 of the 12 days of Christmas!
 
They are really starting to go fast now, aren't they? ♥
 
Tonight I thought it would be fun to take a look at some classic VINTAGE holiday looks from Hollywood in the 1940's & 1950's. 
 
I love looking back at this time period, especially the clothes, hair, and makeup.  Its fun to see old publicity shots of the era, holiday themed.  I mean, don't we all wear pink cocktail gowns to decorate the Christmas tree? 
 
Here is just a sample of what I found on Pinterest.  So many beautiful looks to choose from. 
These are a few of my favorites. 
 
Enjoy....
 
 
 
 
Jayne Mansfield
 




Rita Hayworth
 



Debbie Reynolds




Elizabeth Taylor ♥
 



Doris Day

 



 
Bettty Grable
 




 Annette Funicello
 



Elvis






 
 
Esther Williams
 
 
 
 
Ava Gardener
 
 
 
 
 Carol Lombard
 
 



Betty Davis
 
 
 
 
Loretta Young
 
I could go on forever.... : )
 
 
Do you love old Hollywood glamour as much as I do? It was fun to see all the holiday styles. 
 
Sometimes I really don't know what I would do without Pinterest! ♥
 
 
Well, tomorrow is Friday and it's the last weekend before Christmas! Can you believe it?
I have the day off and I'm planning on baking cookies so stay tuned for a yummy cookie recipe . It's going to rain all day so it will be a perfect day to bake.
 
Right now I'm off to make my nightly tea and get into bed.  I want to sleep extra soundly tonight so chamomile it is! I like mine with milk & honey ♥
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  I'll see you tomorrow! xo
 
 

1 comment:

  1. YES YES YES. This is my favorite Christmas post!!! Elizabeth Taylor and Loretta Young are my favorite looks here. :) I want to go back in time and experience this Hollywood glamour!

    Madison | Breakfast at Madison’s

    ReplyDelete