Saturday, December 15, 2018

12 Days of Christmas // Peppermint Fudge ♥

 
Hello Everyone and happy Friday! 
 
It's day 2 of my 12 days of Christmas series and today I want to talk about fudge! Smooth, creamy, chocolate fudge! What's Christmas without fudge? 
 
For me it's a tradition that I make fudge every holiday season.  Last year, thanks to The Pioneer Woman, I tried a new recipe and it was amazing! I blogged about it, but in case you missed it I wanted to post it here for the 12 days of Christmas.  I'll be making a double batch for Christmas eve (maybe sooner : ) and in case you were looking for a chocolate treat to indulge in or share with family, here you go:
 
 


There are only 3 ingredients in this recipe!  It's so easy!

 



All you need is 3 cups of chocolate chips,  a 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk, and 7-8 peppermint candies or candy canes...crushed!
 

 
 
 
 
Combine the chocolate chips and condensed milk in a double boiler over med heat.  Heat until melted, about 5-7 minutes.
 
 
 
 
Cook until the chocolate is nice and smooth...
 
The smell is insane! Your entire kitchen will smell like chocolate ♥ 
 
 
 
 
 
Silky! ♥
 
 
 
 
 
Immediately pour into a foil lined square baking dish.
 
(I sprayed mine with non stick spray as well just to be safe)
 
 
Sprinkle with candy!
 
 
 
 
Now refrigerate for 2 hours. 
 
 
 
 
Once set, cut into squares. 
 
 
 
 
 Enjoy!
 
 
But that's not all....
 
 
 
 
Before I go I wanted to tell you about tonight's tea selection.  I had Twinings Ceylon Orange Pekoe and it was delicious. I had mine with sugar and a splash of lemon juice.  It was divine. 
 
 
 
 
I had today off from work and spent the day finishing up my Christmas shopping. It was a long day and this tea was just what I needed.  At 8pm we cozied up on the couch and tuned into to the colorized I Love Lucy colorized Christmas special ♥  I loved it so much! 
 
A perfect ending to my very Christmassy day~
 
 
 
 
 Thank you for joining me for day 2!  And please remember to visit my friend Madison's blog . She's also participating in the series! Today she shares the details of her Christmas themed bridal shower. It looked beyond beautiful! ♥♥♥
 
I'll see you all tomorrow! xo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment