Friday, April 19, 2019

Butterscotch Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars ♥

Hello Friends! It's Friday already!  The week went by so fast and I can hardly believe that it's Easter weekend! Today we are coloring eggs.  It's one of John's favorite traditions.
He's been waiting all week!  

The weather here has been beautiful and sunny.  It's really putting us in the Spring Holiday mood! 
We spent our week very low key.  We did a bit of shopping, went out to lunch a few times, took a walk, and watched several movies.  It was indeed lovely and I enjoyed the slow pace. 

Aside from a crazy incident with my car, which I will go into another time (it deserves its own post!) we really enjoyed the week!

 ♥



I also did a bit of baking.  I wanted to try a new recipe I saw on Pinterest.  As if we needed any more desserts in the house.... ;-) 

I've been craving butterscotch.  I have to admit I don't usually make butterscotch treats, even though I really love the taste!


A few things to note:  *The recipe calls for 2 cups of butterscotch chips.  I changed that to one cup butterscotch and one cup chocolate chips.  I had to have a little chocolate in there! 

*The recipe also includes toasted coconut. Honestly, I did not notice a huge coconut taste in the bars.  If you are not a fan of coconut I would leave it out.

*Despite the 2 cups of brown sugar these are not overly sweet.  

*Do not omit the sea salt.  This really enhanced the flavors and balanced out the chocolate and butterscotch 





Delicious recipe from Crème de la Crumb (click here for step by step instructions







I can't leave out the chocolate! 








I am calling these my pre-Easter treat! I'll be making pies tomorrow. 

This will hold us over till then  ♥


 




They are perfect with a cup of tea or coffee in the afternoon or as an evening Easter treat! 




Happy Easter weekend Friends! I hope the sun is shining on you today. 

I'm off to color eggs! xo 




No comments:

Post a Comment