Sunday, April 14, 2019

Spring Weekend ♥

 Hello Everyone!
 
Starting tomorrow John is officially on Spring Break! He has the whole week off and doesn't return to school until the Monday after Easter! We teetered with the idea of taking a vacation this week (I was very close to booking a Florida get-a-way) but eventually decided that all we really wanted to do was just stay home and do nothing.  There's nothing wrong with doing nothing when you're always doing something...does that make sense? It does to me.  A whole week of relaxation, no homework, and no driving here, there and everywhere.  Sounds like a vacation to me!
 
 
 
 
Here's John last Wednesday night at his school's science fair. The theme was Shark Tank and all the kids had to come up with inventions.  John's invention was The Gel Comb.  A comb that dispenses hair gel onto your hair as you comb it!  All the kids did a great job with their projects and it was really fun to see what they came up with.  I don't ever remember being this creative when I was in 6th grade : ) 
 
I was super proud of him and it was a great way to start his spring vacation.  Starting tomorrow, no alarm clocks for a week! Yippee!
 
 

 
 
We kicked off our weekend with a stop at the Disney Store.  John earned some money around the house that was literally burning a hole in his pocket and knew exactly what he wanted.  This Carl Frederickson plush from UP.  I love his cane! : ) 
 
 
 
 
 
The weather was beautiful this weekend.  We started a little grey on Saturday morning but by the afternoon the sun came out and I was in short sleeves!
 
 
It was the same today.  I did a little housework & yard cleanup at home and then John and I went for a ride to our library.  I was shocked when I looked into the courtyard and saw this!
 
 
 
 
Beautiful cherry blossoms all in bloom!  
 
 Hello April! ~
 
 
 
 
Perfect for Easter week! ♥
 
 
 

 

 
 
 
I think these little ones are called bluebells and I wish my phone captured them better. 
 
They were the prettiest blue!
 
 
I feel like we've been waiting all winter for this ♥ 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
While we were there I did mange to go inside and pick this up.  I can't wait to start it!
 
While the rest of the free world is watching Game of Thrones tonight I will be curled up with my nose in a book. 
 
I'm ok with that : )
 





And finally.....(I saved the best for last)
 
 
Strawberries were 2 for 1 this week at the market so I stocked up. Lucky for me because they are ginormous! : )
 
This one was perfectly heart shaped ♥




 
Add some pudding and whip cream and you've got a sweet ending to your weekend! 
 
Sometimes the simplest things are simply the best!
 
 
Thank you for stopping by today.  I'm so happy you did!
 
 
Wishing you a lovely week ahead! It's almost Easter!!! ♥
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Hello!!!!
    I love the new name of your blog!!!
    Happy Spring Break!
    Miss you all!

    ReplyDelete