Friday, January 17, 2020

Valentine's Day Series: Brownie Torte ♥

 Happy Friday Friends!


News Flash!
I'm going to be doing a mini series on this blog reposting some of my favorite desserts (mostly chocolate-y ones) leading up to Valentine's Day.  I don't know how you feel about it, but I love Valentines Day.  I always have.  Any excuse to eat chocolate and decorate my home with pink hearts is ok in my book ♥  

Also included in the series will be all my favorite romantic things, like movies, books, & music.  I'm excited to share these posts with you and celebrate all things LOVE 


So.....since February 14th is less than a month away, I thought why not start now?! And what better way to celebrate a Friday than with brownies! 

I got this recipe from my hairdresser and immediately made it twice in a two week span.  It's easy to make, looks darling on the table, and is absolutely delicious! It's looks way more fancy than it actually is.  As someone who loves shortcuts, I appreciate that : ) 


Originally posted April 24, 2018

Hello Everyone!  


I hope this week finds you well!  It's finally starting to feel like spring around here! Yesterday I was able to open my windows for a little while and let some of the fresh air in.  It felt so good! I hope it lasts! 

*fingers crossed*

Anyway, today I want to share with you a quick dessert recipe that I just made for the first time.  This recipe was given to me by my hairdresser.  As soon as she described it I knew it would be something I would love.  She was right.  And it's so easy!  Wanna see?  


It's brownie heaven ♥ 





Here's how to make it: 


1 brownie mix

1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk

1/2 cup cold water

1 package vanilla instant pudding

4 oz. container whipped topping (I used 1/2 of an 8 oz. container of Cool Whip : ) 


Grease 2. 9 inch round cake pans and line with parchment paper.  


Prepare cake-like brownies according to the box directions.  Split batter evenly into both pans and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes (or until done).  


Remove from pans and let cool.  






I was happy both pans fit in my counter top oven! ♥ 




 For the filling....







In a large mixing bowl combine the sweetened condensed milk and the water.  Beat in the pudding mix.  Chill for at least 5 minutes.  







Fold in the whipped topping ♥ 







To assemble, layer the filling in between the two brownie layers.

Use about 1/2 of the filling.  That should be enough.  The rest is supposed to be reserved for the top....more on that later.... 







Add strawberries...








Make a sandwich! 








The original recipe said to frost the remaining filling on the top but I felt that might be a little too sweet so instead I just added a dollop of Cool Whip and a strawberry ♥





Definitely refrigerate this until you are ready to eat it or the filling will get soft.  You want it nice and firm.  Store leftovers (if there are any) in the fridge as well!


This was a big winner in my family and I'm sure I'll be making this again soon!






Enjoy! ♥♥♥ 




I hope you all come back and join me for my Valentine's Day series! 

Let's celebrate all things love (and chocolate!).


Have a great weekend! XO 




2 comments:

  1. Yes yes yes........ Sounds like a plan Danielle. I love your recipes, and chocolate......oh yeah ! So happy your Mom is home and wishing you and your Family Joy Peace Love and Health..........Blessings...dolores

    ReplyDelete
  2. PLEASE READ!!!Hello Guys!!! I am Sharon I live in Ohio USA I’m 37 Years old, am so happy I got my blank ATM card from Adriano. My blank ATM card can withdraw $4,000 daily. I got it from Him last week and now I have withdrawn about $10,000 for free. The blank ATM withdraws money from any ATM machines and there is no name on it because it is blank just your PIN will be on it, it is not traceable and now I have money for business, shopping and enough money for me and my family to live on.I am really glad and happy i met Adriano because I met Five persons before him and they could not help me. But am happy now Adriano sent the card through DHL and I got it in two days. Get your own card from him right now, he is giving it out for small fee to help people even if it is illegal but it helps a lot and no one ever gets caught or traced. I’m happy and grateful to Adriano because he changed my story all of a sudden. The card works in all countries that is the good news Adriano's email address is adrianohackers01@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete