Thursday, December 31, 2020

Happy New Year! ♥

Hello Friends!  

I hope you all had a Merry Christmas!  My day was peaceful and restful and we definitely made the best of the situation we are currently in. 

Christmas eve, which is when we usually have our big celebration was when we felt it the most, but we know we are doing what's best for now so we can have a BIG celebration next year! Thanks to zoom John got to see his cousins and we all got to wish each other a good evening.  

We were up early Christmas morning to open Santa presents (yes, Santa still comes! : ) and then we watched A Christmas Story over cinnamon rolls and eggnog.  

In the afternoon I cooked a cozy pork roast dinner and spent the day in my slippers.  I tried to look for the bright spots and having a leisurely day not rushing around was something I truly enjoyed.  After dinner we played a movie trivia game that John got from Santa and that was really fun!  

Covid Christmas 2020 is done and we made it through!  We did it.  



 
Now on to a new year and better days ahead. 











The week in between Christmas and New Years has always been one of my favorite weeks of the year.  It's a week of rest and recharging after the holiday. 

I use this time to reflect on where I've been and also what I look forward to in the new year.  My list is long!  Longer than usual as I'm sure everyone's is.  

My tree comes down tomorrow and Christmas is being put away.  As sad as it is to pack up the holiday decorations I really love starting the new year off with a clean slate.  I'm anxious to start writing in my planner and get myself organized.  Do you make resolutions?  I do.  I like to call them intentions or goals for the new year.  Maybe it's all in my head but when I decided to do something I like to have a starting a point and what better starting point than January 1st?! I'll share my list next week and I'd love to hear some of your goals as well.  

 So let's celebrate on making it through this emotionally challenging year and say our prayers that the next one will be better!  Cheers!! 

Happy New Year! xoxo  

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year, Danielle! I have made resolutions every year since I was a kid. They are the intentions I spend the year working on. I absolutely love New Year- it is one of my favorite times of the year. I genuinely look forward to New Year's Day as I always feel like it's a clean slate- a fresh start. No matter what happens, a new year will tick over and I can start fresh. Well, that's how I view it anyway! Wishing you a very happy 2021.

    ReplyDelete