Thursday, June 30, 2022

Let's go to the beach! ♥

School's out for summer!  YAY! 

John finished his freshman year and we celebrated with a day at the beach.  
As you know, my heart will always belong to autumn, but late afternoons at the beach also hold a special place near and dear to me. 

Resting on the sand, with my toes buried, and salt air filling my lungs...I feel happy    


"Smell the sea and feel the sky. Let your soul and spirit fly." 
- Van Morrison 



 

I rarely swim.  In fact I don't really know how to swim (aside from a doggy paddle which I could probably manage in an emergency situation) but I love the ocean.  I love looking at it, walking in it, smelling it, and especially making wishes on the spot where it meets the sky.  

There is magic there.  I truly believe.  





Life is so unpredictable these days. But the beach.  The beach is always there for us.  Waiting every summer. With it's freezing water and hot sand.  With it's ice cream trucks and Italian ices.  With is beautiful sunsets and late night bonfires.  This is our routine.  

*also, doesn't he look so grown up in this picture? I can't take it.....*


"Time wasted at the beach is time well spent."
-Unknown  




I can literally feel my stress level go DOWN when I'm near the ocean.  It think it's the best therapy there is : ) 


"The ocean stirs the heart, inspires the imagination, and brings eternal joy to the soul." 
-Robert Wyland






Pair that with a hot cup of coffee....I've discovered the secret to happiness! 
(for me anyway...lol) 


I hope you find your happy place this summer and enjoy it as much as you can.  
You know where I'll be! 

Love you! xoxox 



2 comments:

  1. Hi Danielle, I'm popping over from Billie Jo's blog. How wonderful that you formed such a lovely friendship through your blogs. I just have to say thank you for all of these gorgeous beach photos. I can feel the air, the sand, the water. I was born on the east coast, but have lived most of my life in Colorado. Still, the ocean is part of me and it's been over a year since we've been to a shore! Your photos make me feel as though I'm there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you said - life is unpredictable, but the beach is always there for us! <3

    ReplyDelete