Monday, June 13, 2022

Strawberry Picking ♥

Good morning friends! How is it Monday already?  

The weekends go by way too fast, don't you agree?  

We had beautiful weather on Saturday so John and I went strawberry picking! It's something I've always wanted to do and he was a good sport to go along with me.  

The farm is about 30 minutes away.  It's the same place where we pick apples in the fall. 

We took a tractor ride out to the strawberry field and along the way we went through the apple orchard and saw the trees.  My autumn loving heart skipped a few beats because I know we'll be back there in September.  

But first....



 
...strawberries! 





What a lovely sight! Fresh local produce! There's something very special about knowing where your food comes from and I am happy to support our local farmers.  



I've never seen such beautiful strawberries! 






We picked until our box was overflowing and came home with the mother load! LOL 




After all that work we deserved a reward.  John got the strawberry donut sundae which he said was awesome.   I had a cold brew coffee and an apple cider donut because I can't resist anything that gives me Fall vibes : ) 

Soooo Good! 




When I say "smile" he makes a this face!  I assure you we were having fun! 
Hot and full from treats, but it was a fun day spent together! 





Rob got strawberry shortcake for dessert that night (and the following night, and probably tonight....).

Sweet & juicy, the taste of summer! 



 
We'll be back to the farm next month for blueberries 

Have a happy Monday friends!  I'm off to pour myself another cup of coffee and start my day.  Can you guess what I'm having for breakfast?  : ) 

Byeeeee! xoxo 


No comments:

Post a Comment