Tuesday, August 1, 2023

It's August 1st ♥

 Hello Friends! Happy August! 

As I type this it's almost 5pm and I don't even know where the day went.  I had to leave my cozy home office today and venture into work.  Yup.  I got dressed and I left the house : ) 

I'm happy to be home now and I just rewarded myself with a cup of tea and a square of dark chocolate.  Rob tells me that one square a day is good for me.  That's all I needed to hear! 






As far as a work day goes it wasn't horrible.  I attribute that to a good nights sleep.  Sunday I washed all our bedding so the last few nights sleep have been dreamy.  Aren't fresh sheets the best feeling?! I have been sleeping so well! So much so I have not wanted to climb out of bed in the morning (more than usual!)

 I had to of course, but I can't wait to get back in there tonight.  I really love my bed (that's weird to say but it's true!) and I know my sleeping habits need some work.  It's something that I really need to make a priority.  

But that's a topic for another day : ) 

I just took my tea outside for a minute because it's such a lovely day! Cooler than it's been and no humidity.  My hair didn't immediately frizz and my makeup didn't melt off my face. I'm aware it's August 1st, but I can feel September around the corner.

I took a five minute walk about.  Our yard isn't fancy, but its ours and we love it.  Perfect is so boring, don't you think?  I much prefer charming and wonky.  We have flowers and a little white fence in the corner. There's an old stone wall and tea roses that bloom every year no matter how harsh the winter.  There are burning bushes that will turn orange and maroon this fall and a little spot at the bottom of the driveway where we can sit and have coffee if we want to.  It's not fancy, but it's private and I can listen to the birds. There is a huge tree in the front that my dad planted the week John was born.  We call it John's Tree. There's a river in the back and sometimes we see a boat or a kayaker go by.  It's mostly occupied by ducks and geese...who I love to watch by the way. Sometimes all I hear are quacks and honks and other times like now, it's completely still.   

I was thinking about how all if this is snow covered and frozen solid in winter, and yet it always comes back in full color.  And I'm always amazed by it. Nature is a wonder, isn't it?

 I have walked this yard my entire 49 years of life.  I jumped through the sprinkler on this grass when I was little and so has John.  What a gift. 

























  And now I'm back inside and it's almost dinner time.  I'm grilling burgers tonight so I better get started. 

Have a great evening everyone!  And happy August! What are your plans for the month?  

We are heading to Cape Cod this Friday for a little three day weekend get-a-way.  I checked the weather and it's looking like high 70's/low 80's with a small chance of rain.  Some may be upset about this forecast, but not me.  It sounds perfect.  It's always a little cooler at the beach so I can bring a light sweater and enjoy my coffee on a balcony with a cool sea breeze.  And if it's a little misty, well that will be just fine too 

xoxoxo 




5 comments:

  1. I love your house! It's very quaint, which is my favorite :) And to just go to Cape Cod for the weekend! Sounds dreamy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. After this month the 'bers' will be here and I am SO excited. I'm trying to get a lot accomplished this month so I can really enjoy my favorite seasons. Loved the walk around your yard. It's finally cooled off here a bit too which is a wonderful relief. Enjoy your 3 day weekend. It sounds like it will be very relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely post Danielle. I'm soaking up every precious moment left of summer - but already feel the anticipation of Fall deep down. Soon...very soon. ;) I love my bed too! Lol I totally get it. 😉
    Such a beautiful home and yard and love that you have a lifelong history. I hope sleep continues to be wonderful and work continues to be a-ok. Lol And have a wonderful weekend ahead! I hope to do some things with my son and my sweet Matt (think mini golf and fun outside dining kind of dinner out) and then my daughter comes home from her trip with her dad. Yay! I've missed her. Blessings. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. 49 years.. that's incredible. I think the longest I have lived in one place was ten years..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Contact Captain WebGenesis, the best hacker.

    Because she believed I was out of the country, my wife thought I was a fool not to learn about her undercover romances with a few random males. Well, Captain WebGenesis, I owe you a big thank you for helping me capture my unfaithful wife covertly and remotely. Contact Captain WebGenesis if you require the assistance of a skilled hacker including services such as Bitcoin recovery, Credit score fixing, clearing criminal records and many more Email address to reach out the Expert is (captainwebgenesis@hackermail.com).

    ReplyDelete