Friday, October 14, 2022

Friday Five: favorite thrillers to read this spooky season! ♥

Hello Friends! Happy Friday!  

It's a rainy morning here in my world and I just got home from dropping John off at school.  I've poured myself another cup of hot coffee with pumpkin pie creamer and I'm giving myself a few minutes to enjoy it before starting work for the day. 

I'm so happy it's Friday.  It's been a week.  This weekend I'm hoping to get some well needed R&R in with a book and a bowl of Halloween candy (which I haven't bought yet but am going to get tomorrow!).  It's time to bring it in the house!

Tea and chocolate with a blanket and a spooky book.....sounds good to me! 




I am going to start a new tradition here on my blog and every week post my Friday Five.  Five favorites of something. Movies, recipes, clothing, scents, self care things, activities.....anything I can think of.  I thought it would be a nice way to end the week.  

For today I'm giving you my 5 favorite spooky thriller books to read this season.  
Books that gave me all the creepy vibes that we all want this time of year.  These books are all page turners that I could not put down.  I gave them all 5 stars on Goodreads and my only regret is that I wish I could read them all again for the first time.  

 I love thriller books and I could list so many more, but if I have to pick just 5...



 





If you've read any of these you'll know why I have them in my top 5. 

I've read other books by all of these authors and they are definitely my favorites in this category. So if you've read these ones, I suggest searching some of their other works too. You won't be disappointed...if you enjoy twisted psychological thrillers like I do...haha) 

I love reading this type of book in the fall.  I love the dark atmosphere and vibes they give off.  It makes me want to stay up all night reading.  I don't of course....but I wish I could! 

If you have any recommendations that are similar to these ones,  please send them my way 




I hope you all have a cozy weekend!  Shut off your phones and curl up with a book.  Escape the world for a few hours. Get a hot beverage and a KitKat bar and enjoy.  It's a lovely feeling. 

Happy Reading! 

xoxox 

5 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of these but I do like a good thriller. I'm currently reading Gallant, by V.E. Schwab. It's more of a middle grade book, which I like now and then when my mind is stressed, and has spooky vibes with a haunted house and ghosts. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard of all of these authors but haven't read any of these. They look great, I too love a good thriller.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of these either! I'll write them down thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look interesting! Thanks for sharing :)

    Ben | Infinitely Posh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello lovely Lady! Love this fun 5 favorites idea. And all of these books sound thrilling and perfectly moody! I remember The Lovely Bones being one that really stuck with me. I loved all the Harry Potter books and read them all back when. They're perfect fun this time of year. I hope you have a blessed rest of your week! xoxo

    ReplyDelete