Wednesday, January 25, 2023

A Little Treasure From the Attic ♥

Hello Friends! 

Happy Wednesday! I hope you are all having a wonderful week! 

Today I wanted to share the highlight of my past weekend.  While putting the rest of my Christmas/winter decorations in the attic and searching for my Valentine's Day bin, I stumbled across this old typewriter.  It was tucked away in a corner, nice and neat, in it's case (which was very dusty!). 




My mother said it used to belong to my sister but I can remember "playing" with it when I was very little.  My friend Sharon and I used to play "office" and we would would pretend to be secretaries. I remember my fingertips being black from touching the typewriter tape. 

In high school I remember typing essays and term papers on it.  This was long before computers. If you made a mistake you would have to "backspace" and use whiteout to correct it.  Also, no spellcheck back then. There was always a dictionary close by to look up words.  

When I first opened the case, I flashbacked to the smell of the typewriter ink, which is all dried up but still has that same smell if you put your nose close enough! 

Ahhh, the memories! 

 


Of course I had to bring it downstairs and put it on display.  It's funny how something that was literally once my toy, and then very functional during my school years, is now and antique.  Does that make me antique??? I'm not quite sure about that : ) 



I think is so pretty and I smile every time I look at it.  John is of course fascinated, the same way he was once fascinated with record players before they became popular again.  I wonder if there's a rotary phone up there someplace? That would really blow his mind.  

The next time I'm up there I'll take a peek between the World Book Encyclopedia collection and my Cabbage Patch Dolls and see what I can find : ) 

I love having this little piece of history close to me. 

Take me back to these old days anytime 
 (no charging devices required)

xoxoox

No comments:

Post a Comment