Friday, January 27, 2023

Don't you just LOVE Fridays?! (and other random thoughts) ♥

Hello Lovely Friends! Happy Friday! 

The sun is shining today and it's almost the weekend which means I am in a very good mood : ) 

They say the older you get, the faster time passes.  It's so true.  I can hardly believe January is almost over.  Wednesday is February 1st already! This week I started putting out some Valentine's Day decorations.  I've always loved Valentine's Day because I get to decorate with hearts and all things pink and the boys I live with can't complain.  I have free reign in February!  Plus it means more chocolate and who doesn't love that? 

I was in Walmart the other day picking up a few things and I couldn't leave without checking out my favorite isle - the seasonal isle.  Right now it's decked out with Valentine's Day décor.  I can remember so vividly going every year with John to pick out valentines for his class.  It changed every year depending on what he was into - Sponge Bob, Toy Story - one year he even got sharks.  There is a valentine for every interest! When he was in elementary school, the kids would decorate a shoebox (for a mailbox). All the kids would deliver valentines and sweets to their friends by dropping them in the box.  He'd come home with a full box and spend an hour going through it. Very exciting for a second grader! So cute and such nice memories.  

I miss those days 



 

We still celebrate Valentines Day but in a different way.  I have little decorations up and I'll use my heart shaped cake pan (that I use once a year!) and we'll have chocolate cake.  Rob always remembers our first year married when I made a heart shaped meatloaf and pink mashed potatoes! I was very creative back then! This year will probably be some kind of pasta dish with garlic bread.  But that's still a few weeks away.  

First we have a birthday to celebrate 




Rob will be turning 51 on Tuesday!  We are having a family dinner on Saturday night with my parents.  On Sunday we are going out to breakfast (at my favorite restaurant but that's purely coincidental : ) with his parents.  So lots of food and family this weekend! 




Rob has never been one to want to make a big deal out of his birthday.  On Tuesday he said he's happy with a home cooked meal and staying in and watching a movie or playing a game.  
That's why we were meant for each other 




On another note, have you noticed it's staying lighter longer in the evenings?  Last night I happened to look out the window around 5:00 and had a realization that it was still light out!  Another indication of time passing.  Spring will be here soon.




As for now, tonight we are having chicken soup with grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner.  I decided it's casual Friday and that's how I roll on Fridays! :) 




I finished working for the day, did my laundry, watered my plants, baked a cake for tomorrow night, and now it's time to rest.  

Don't you just LOVE Fridays?! 



Me too!! 

I hope you all have a wonderful, cozy weekend! 

xoxox 

4 comments:

  1. Yes, I do!!! And thanks for the reminder! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday!!! I have noticed the light in the days, and I'm loving it. I love watching as winter leans into spring but that is a ways off for now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An advanced Happy Birthday to Rob. Love all your little valentine's decor sprinkled around the place.

    ReplyDelete