Friday, January 6, 2023

Happy Friday! ♥


Hello Friends! Happy Friday!  

We've come to the end of the first week of the year.  Its unseasonably warm here which is a bit unsettling.  This week it's been raining, but with it being so warm it's making the air feel humid and icky. It's January and I need it be cold.  I need frosty windows and a reason to wear my new hat & scarf.  I will probably eat these words in February, but for now I'm wishing for it at least to be chilly...:)

This week I've been basking in the quietness that comes in the aftermath of a holiday.  We are all still trying to find our routine and catch up on all the sleep we lost over the past month.  It takes a while for the holiday hangover to wear off.  The house is still which I love and mostly bare. I miss my tree but I did put this little one up in the family room.  I had it in my bedroom on my night table and instead of packing it away with all the other decorations I decided to keep it out for a little longer. It's tiny but I'm still loving it's glow in the early morning 

I did a grocery shop this morning and I made sure to load up on lots of fruits and veggies.  I'm trying to be super conscious of health right now to fight off colds and flu's, which seem to be everywhere.  The beauty of eating healthy is that I LOVE fruits and veggies.  We've been enjoying salads this week with beets and cucumbers.  Also oranges make for a perfect snack! 

And taste so refreshing in wintertime 



Today I'm finishing up some work items and then I'm jumping into the weekend with the biggest smile on my face. Why? Because I love weekends.  That is all!  We have plans to see the new Whitney Houston movie on Saturday (which I'm excited about) and on Sunday John's godfather is stopping by to exchange gifts with him and probably watch a football game or two with Rob. I'm hoping for a nap and to maybe start a new puzzle I got for Christmas. I also want to organize my new planner. 

And that's about as exciting as it gets around here, friends!  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! 

Stay cozy and I'll see you back here on Monday!  

Byeeee! xoxo 

2 comments:

  1. I am SO happy the weekend is here. After 10 days off it was a bit brutal to get up at 5am and head to work. But I made it!! I kept my small tree out also just to add a bit of light to these long nights. Enjoy your weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the quiet of January and the tidy spaces :)

    ReplyDelete