Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Happy New Year! 2023 ♥


Hello Friends and Happy 2023! 

It's hard to believe the holidays are over and it's the start of a brand new year.  As much as I try to slow it down, time keeps ticking.  I hope you all had a happy and blessed holiday.  Mine was wonderful, filled with family, friends, and many quiet moments at home that I keep going back to in mind. The little ordinary times like sitting by the tree in the morning and lighting Christmas candles every night. Those rituals I'll miss.  When I had my last cup of tea from my advent calendar I almost cried! I'm definitely getting another one of those next year : ) 

We spent a lovely Christmas eve at my in laws.  My mother in law went all out (as usual) with a delicious meal! She has a magic touch when it comes to entertaining and this year was no different.  The next day we spent at home celebrating with my family.  It was one of the best holidays I've had in a long time! We were relaxed, comfy, and cozy all day.   We played records and ate turkey and pie and were happy until we fell asleep. A few days later we packed up the car and went on a road trip to visit our dear friends in Pennsylvania.  We had an amazing weekend with them!!  We ate delicious food, played games, watched movies, talked and told stories until the wee hours of the morning.  I cuddled puppies and drank more coffee than I should have and it was perfection  

And now here we are. Back to school and work and trying desperately to get back into some sort of routine.  All our Christmas decorations are packed safely away and the house is a clean slate.  I love decorating in winter time. It's all about natural and neutral. By January, the clutter of Christmas (as much I love it!) gets to me and I'm ready to clean and organize. Even though it was earlier than usual, I decided to take down my tree and decorations the day after Christmas because I was not going to be home on New Years.  It turned out to be a good decision because I came home to a clean, clutter free house on Monday.  Yay! That alone kicked the year off to a good start! That and my mother in laws chicken pot pie which she dropped off for us so I didn't have to cook dinner that night. Brilliant 

As far as resolutions go, I'm not making any.  Let's face it, I never stick to them.  I could say I'd like to eat healthier and drink more water.  Ok sure. But I should be doing that anyway.  I personally like to look at New Years as a starting point for something I would like to do.  For example, this year I would like to shop more locally and make a point to visit thrift stores.  I want to prioritize sleep and self care.  I want to make sure I say no to things I don't want to do and remember that my happiness matters too.  I have some fun craft projects I'd like to attempt this year (like making a loop blanket!) and I'm going to start journaling again. This is all no pressure (because I don't do well under pressure).  I just want to live a more simple, slow paced, intentional life.  That's my mind set going into this new year.  Let's romanticize everything and make every day special.  

Here's something to consider... 



Have a wonderful day friends!  Thank you for sharing another year me here in this little space.  I look forward to many happy days with you going forward! Another year of recipes, crafts, daily life, ending my sentences with hearts, and using too many exclamation points.  I can hardly wait! 

Stay cozy! Love you all! 

xoxo 

5 comments:

  1. Who REALLY keeps resolutions anyways?
    I love that meme! THOSE are my hopes for the year anyways - keep it all simple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! I really don't make resolutions either. I told myself that I need to walk more and include more self care and that's about it. I did make an acupuncture appointment for myself tomorrow, so I guess that's a start.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of this, my friend. Simple, cozy, clean, and natural. Sounds like a great plan to me! And you were in Pennsylvania???!! LOL! We had the best time, and I realized, we never got one picture! Happy and Blessed New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It must be a theme going around for the new year...to live a simpler life. That is something I'm going to be more intentional about this year, as well. More time at home, less spending online and more shopping locally, thrifting more and being good with downtime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A simpler life is the best! Wishing you a wonderful new year.

    ReplyDelete