Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Good Tuesday Morning! ♥

 Hello Lovely Friends! Happy Tuesday that feels like a Monday 

Ugh. 

A Tuesday after a holiday weekend is never easy.  Especially for this girlie.  The caffeine is working overtime this morning! Although I'm not complaining as we are one day closer to Friday! : )

 I hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend! Our weekend was uneventful, quiet, and simply blissful.  It was one of those weekends where a lot happened, but at the same time, nothing happened.  On Friday night John and I went to see a play that a friend of his was in.  He goes to a different high school (a few towns over). It was excellent and very fun. Every time we see a play I'm reminded how much I love live theater.  On Saturday we did a little shopping. I needed some summer clothes and John needed a shirt for an upcoming band show. In case I've never mentioned it, clothes shopping is my worst nightmare, but thankfully I was able to find two pairs of khakis that actually fit (praise the Lord!) and John got a green polo shirt that looks great on him for the show! Yay!

 That night he met some friends for pizza and Rob and I had date night at home. Date night meaning homemade burgers and Seinfeld reruns. The best. Sunday we had a chill day. I made the hot dogs I promised myself and the most DELICIOUS blueberry cobbler! I made it in my cast iron skillet (which I am OBSESSED with and can't stop using!). I experimented and added 1/4 cup of sourdough discard to the batter.  I finally understand how a healthy starter is like liquid gold!  It was perfection! Yesterday was my favorite day of all.  Rob treated John and I to coffee and chocolate croissants at Panera and then we walked my favorite store.  Barnes & Noble.  It's funny how a family outing of coffee and a bookstore can make me happy, but it does. We also walked and talked and planned out our summer.  That afternoon we watched the new movie AIR and surprisingly for someone that knows nothing about basketball, I really liked it.  Apparently there is a lot going on in the world of basketball these days, or so I hear : ) 

And that my friends was my weekend, full of nothing but a lot of something! 







I will leave you today with some blueberry cobbler, which I wish I could share with you! The recipe came from The Food Nanny's Instagram page.  I love her!  

Have a great day friends!  It's almost June!!  Xx 


6 comments:

  1. It sounds like a great weekend! Barnes and Noble is one of our favorite date spots! My husband and I will go about once a quarter and browse, get coffee and sit and look through potential books and magazines. Then we will decide which ones are worth taking home and end up spending way too much on books and magazines. But it's one of our favorite things to do. Your cobbler looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!!! Missed you and your cozy place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Danielle, dropping in from Debbie's blog. Enjoyed your answers to her quick quiz. The cobler looks like I could sit and eat it all day! It looks so yummy! I enjoy seeing young and happy "homemakers" as I'm been one for 60 years and still love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS I was a 50's girl. graduated highschool 1959. It was the best of times.!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You just described the perfect weekend full of somethings and nothings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like it was a wonderful restful weekend. I want to see that movie - I thought it looked really good. ;) That cobbler looks ah-mazing! A gf recently offered me some of her starter to work with and I'm just not sure I'll keep up with it? But I'm thinking of trying...hmmmm 🤔 You definitely sway the argument with those pics. Lol Blessings. xoxo

    ReplyDelete