Monday, May 15, 2023

Happy Mother's Day (and happy Monday! ♥)


Hello Friends! Good Monday morning! 

I hope you all had a nice weekend celebrating Mother's Day.  We went to a delicious brunch at my sister in laws.  I am obsessed with her table settings.  They are always over the moon pretty.  Yesterday's theme was blue & white - my favorite color combo!  Isn't it dreamy?!
We had a wonderful morning sitting around this table, drinking coffee, eating, talking, and playing with her cute dog. It was really fun! 

 Last weekend my sister and I took my mother out for a lovely tea/lunch that was so enjoyable.  On the way home we did a little shopping and it was one of the best days I've had in a long time  

And the best part of my mother's day celebration was being with John on Saturday.  He treated me to my favorite French vanilla iced coffee and we spent the day together, shopping, and driving around listening to our favorite songs on Spotify.  I couldn't help but think that this time next year, he may be the one driving!  He's just signed up for driver's ed this summer and is actively seeking a summer job.  He's almost got one nailed down, he's just waiting for confirmation and to work out the schedule.  I'm excited for him as he enters this new phase of life! 

We have many more iced coffee runs to come - with him at the wheel! 




So back to yesterday....

...after over indulging myself in French toast, cinnamon rolls, blueberry muffins, quiche, bacon, and much more, I couldn't wait to come home, get back into my sweat pants (where I belong) and resume my place on the couch.  We had an easy dinner of chicken on the grill, Rob did the dishes, and we spent the evening watching Seinfeld reruns. It was perfect.  

Happy Mother's Day to me! :) 


 And now here we are.  Another start to a new week.  I'm on my third coffee, because....well, Monday, and I just took a Zyrtec because allergy season is in full swing in this house!  One of the downfalls of May.  Currently, my car has a thick coat of green pollen on it. Is it bad where you are? We are all sneezing maniacs over here! 


I'm off to work, friends.  I hope you are having a great Monday so far! I feel like pasta for dinner tonight (I decided that a 7am this morning) so that's what's on the menu.


 I'm looking forward to summer nights when I can toss some tomatoes, zucchini, and fresh herbs in pasta, top with lots of parm cheese and call it day! YUM! 

 


 Aint it the truth! And both are quite strong! (and needed! LOL)

 

 Happy Monday! Wishing you all a cozy day! Xx 

5 comments:

  1. Happy Monday, Danielle! Love the table setting! What a delicious menu! Wishing you all good things today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The table is gorgeous. I'm glad you enjoyed your Mother's Day weekend. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mother's Day to one of my favorites!!!!!! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Lovely Lady! Sounds like it was a wonderful Mom's Day! And she does do an exquisite table. Wow! Pollen just starting to fly here and we're not too far from Canada and there were some wild fires up there so today it was gray for a long time and sun looked weird. Lol But the wind blew it out eventually and the air quality improved. I know what you mean about John - it was so weird for me when my kiddos got their licenses too. But wonderful in its own way. ;) Spreading their wings to fly...well drive. Lol Blessings. xo

    ReplyDelete