Friday, May 5, 2023

Happy Friday! ♥ What's up for the weekend?

Hello Lovely Friends! Happy Friday! 

Let me ask you something? Do you ever buy baby's breath just to have it, or is it always a filler? I buy bunches of it and scatter it around my house is if it were as fancy as red roses!  I just love those little white pom-poms!  They deserve to be front and center, don't you think?  

So that's what I'm looking at right now.  It's been a rainy and gloomy week here and the baby's breath is cheering things up a bit. Highly recommend! 





I also made a BIG batch of oatmeal cookies.  I added chocolate chips because that's what I needed this week 
They are delicious!  (and going fast :) 





One of the real stormy days I decided it was soup night so I made Joanna Gaines' classic minestrone.  It's one of my favorite soup recipes. So many good thing in here.
 
I added some shredded chicken this time! 

YUM!





It was so good! It makes a huge amount so I froze half to have another time. 

It's from the Magnolia Cookbook Volume 2, which I'm slowly cooking my way through!

Here's a link to the recipe: Classic Minestrone 





After a busy work week I'm looking forward to settling in tonight and catching up on some needed sleep.  I'm planning on getting up early tomorrow to watch the coronation.  I have tea and biscuits all ready to go!  On Sunday my sister and I are taking my mother out for an early mother's day celebration.  Coincidently, we are going out for tea! The same place I wrote about a few weeks ago.  It's a charming tea room run by a British couple (Shelly's Tea Room, Plymouth MA). They serve the most amazing freshly baked scones with jam and clotted cream.  My mouth is already watering.  It's going to be an extra special occasion because it's coronation weekend! I hadn't realized that when I made the reservation.  How lucky are we! 

I'm so very excited! 








I can't wait to taste these again!


Have a wonderful weekend friends! Stay cozy and I'll see you back here on Monday! 

Byeeeee! Xx 


No comments:

Post a Comment