Monday, May 8, 2023

May Mood Board ♥


 Hello Friends! Happy Monday 

This morning I was on Pinterest and decided to make a little mood board for May.  I selected pictures that expressed goals I want to accomplish this month. Things like deep cleaning, organizing my office, experimenting with healthy recipes, going on a family picnic, being better about blogging & journaling, and (what I'm most excited about) perfecting my sour dough bread. Something about looking at these photos rather than just a written list is motivating me.  It was so fun to make and I will probably do one for every month going forward! I'm keeping this mood board on my phone so I can take a look at it every day : ) 

Anywhoo, that was nice way to start my day! 
 
I had a lovely weekend starting with watching the coronation on Saturday morning.  I loved it so much!!!  I find it all so fascinating! I'm in awe of the tradition and pageantry.  Sometimes it's hard for me to believe that things like this still exist. And I'm so glad they do. I even got John and Rob to watch a little of it with me. It's history in the making and was definitely worth getting up early for.  





On Sunday my sister and I took my mother out for an early mother's day tea.  It was wonderful! They both had a traditional English Breakfast but since it was such a warm day I was feeling like something different so I took a chance and tried a blackberry tea.  I think it's my new favorite!!! It was divine!  We had finger sandwiches, scones with jam & cream, and delicious desserts.  We were all so full! The tea shop had some extra decorations up for the coronation as well which was fun to see.  It made me feel part of the celebration in a small way.







In other news....

I just came in the house from cutting some lilacs from our bush outside.  They just bloomed! I wish you could smell these! 






I put a vase on my kitchen table and one on my nightstand.  I can't wait to fall asleep tonight to the sweet smell of these flowers. 

I hope you are off to a great start to the week.  My weather app says high 70's all week. We are definitely in full spring mode now! 

 I have to say, for a Monday, today wasn't so bad :)

Stay cozy, friends! Byeeee! Xx


5 comments:

  1. I love the idea of a mood board. I made a vision board once but it was big (16x24) and I had a difficult time finding a place to keep it. I think Pintrest could be a great place to keep those ideas. I just may do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am such an Anglophile, I watched BBC the whole day then watched the Concert on Sunday. I just adore Kate and William and their family, very partial to Charlotte. It's going to be so much fun watching her grow up, she's already such an "old soul"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lovely weekend. I also do vision boards. They do help you stay focused. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That tea pot is adorable! I wish we had tea rooms in my area. We used to have a few and I guess they just didn't last. Now it's all about coffee shops, which is good too :)
    And I love the idea of a mood board, rather than one more list of to-do's. I might try my hand at that. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How I wish we had a place for tea here! That was a very good treat for your mother! I’m drawn to the pomp and pageantry of England, too. It’s good to witness history being made.

    ReplyDelete