Tuesday, July 4, 2017

The Fourth of July 2017 ♥




Well, another fourth of July has come and gone.  We had a fun holiday! The fourth of July has always been extra special in my family because it's my mother's birthday.  Whatever I do on the fourth I know will always end with blueberry pie and tea with mom.  This year was no exception.  
 
Monday evening we met up with some friends and went to the beach to see fireworks!  Although I'm not a big fan of crowds (unless they are Disney crowds, you know ; ) I took a deep breath and worked through it.  I was O.K.
 
We found a nice spot right on the sand and enjoyed the show.  It was fun being in the middle of the festivities.  John had a ball being with friends it reminded me of the fun carefree summers I used to have as a kid. 
 
This is what it's all about ♥





Waiting for the show.  Right before the sun went down...





Snacks!




John with his friends Sean and Michael.  Please excuse his shirt. 
 
He's (almost) 10... enough said. 




Me and my friends Julie before the fireworks.  I love her flag earrings!
 
Julie's husband is running for counselor at large in our town.  Before the fireworks we handed out waters and candy to the passers by.  It was very HOT and most people were very appreciative!
 




And then the show began.  It was a gorgeous night!
 
 
 
 
 
On Tuesday afternoon we were invited to a friends house for a pool party.  
 
 
 
 
 
 
I spent most of the day like this....  drinking sparkling water by the pool, chatting with friends, while Rob played croquet and John swam in the pool. 
 
 
 
 
 
Lunch break ~
 
 
 
 
I was very grateful for such a nice afternoon!  ♥
 
 
 
 
 
And then the final stop of the day, on to my parents house. We had burgers on the grill for dinner and then blueberry pie for dessert! 
 
 
 
 
 
Happy birthday Mom! I love you!!!
 
 
 
 
Make a wish! ♥
 
 
 
 
Time for dessert!
 
(blueberry pie is her favorite!)
 
 
 
 
Put the kettle on for tea...
 
 
 
 
So good!
 
 
 
 
 
Rob and I end every July 4th watching the Boston Pops on TV.  It was another spectacular show....that I enjoyed from the comfort of my own couch!  Nice and cozy ♥
 
And that's a wrap on July 4th 2017.  I hope you all had a wonderful day celebrating and spending time with family & friends! 
 
xoxo
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Sounds perfect!
    I love blueberry pie! Happy birthday to your mom. :)
    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy times, Danielle!
    Loved the photo of you with your friend!
    And of course...Happy Birthday to your lovely mom. : )
    Enjoy the short week, my sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful fourth of July! It's doubly special for you and your family, seeing as your mom celebrates her birthday on the same day. I love the photo of your mom with her blueberry pie. I always wondered what she looked like. I hope all her birthday wishes come true. What a lovely tradition to end the celebration with tea and blueberry pie. Happy Friday, my friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun filled happy day you had...

    ReplyDelete