Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Chocolate dipped frozen bananas ♥


Hello everyone!  Happy Wednesday!  

We are half way through the week and I'm feeling good! 
John on the other hand is not.  He's home sick today suffering terribly with allergies.  This happens every spring so it's no surprise, but still doesn't make it any easier.  Stuffy nose, itchy throat, watery eyes, the works!  It's safe to say that he does not enjoy the beautiful spring blossoms as much as the rest of us.  Sigh.

Rob and I are are working today so he's home with his grandparents, cozy on the couch - tissues at bay!  
I decided I was going to make him a special treat this afternoon when I get home, but what? And then as I caught a glimpse of this basket of bananas on the kitchen table it came to me!  

Chocolate dipped frozen bananas!  

I blogged this recipe once a few years back but because it's so GOOD and EASY I thought it was worth a second post.  

The only thing you have to do ahead of time is freeze the bananas.  





Before I left for work this morning I peeled 2 ripe bananas and put them in the freezer.  

Have you ever froze bananas?

 They are so delicious frozen!  You can blend them in a food processor and make ice cream, add them to smoothies, or dip them in chocolate!


Yeeeeees please! 





This is probably the easiest thing you will ever make


Take one cup of chocolate chips and two tablespoons of vegetable oil and melt in the microwave. 
 
I melted mine on defrost in 30 second intervals. 




Let the chocolate cool a bit, for just a minute or two... ♥





Take two frozen bananas and cut them into bite sized chunks.




Now dip the banana pieces in the chocolate.  I dipped mine using  two forks. 




Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. 




Put back in the freezer to set. 
 

 Once frozen, store in the freezer in a sealed bag or airtight container. 
 



I can't wait to get home today and make these for him! : ) 

I guarantee you will become addicted to these things! They are waaaay too easy to make which makes it really hard to stop eating them.  Every time I walk by the freezer I'm tempted....but wait - these are for John!  
I'm sure he'll share with his mom, right?! We'll see about that!  ♥



Happy Wednesday, dear friends! I hope you are having a wonderful week and not suffering with allergies! Weather you are or aren't, frozen chocolate dipped bananas are amazing! 

And didn't you hear....chocolate is a vegetable...Mom says so! (it must be true : ) 

Make them today! Trust me ♥ 



2 comments:

  1. Yum! One of our favorite treats. I'll have to try your recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound great! Will have to try them! Gene always is looking for a "treat"!! Jane xo

    ReplyDelete