Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Scenes from a weekend (i.e random photos from my phone : )


Hello Friends! 

Happy Memorial Day!  

I hope you all had a wonderful 3 day weekend!  The weather here was perfect.  Not only is Spring in the air, but I guess now that we've passed Memorial Day the official kick off to summer is here.  I can hardly believe it.  This year is going by so fast!


I didn't do anything too exciting this weekend, but it was so nice to be off from work an extra day and catch up on things at home.  On Saturday morning I took advantage of a gift card and did a little summer shopping.  I took an hour (or 2?) to myself and stocked up on a few summer essentials....2 pairs of capris and a few tops.  It feels good to "restock" things for the season doesn't it?  I also treated myself to a stroll in one of my favorite town squares and got a coffee shake along the way.  Well, it's a holiday weekend, so why not?! That afternoon I made grilled us cheese sandwiches for lunch.  It was a little bit of heaven. (seriously, I love grilled cheese! ) 


On Sunday Rob, John, and I met Rob's aunt and uncle for a delicious breakfast at our favorite little restaurant down the street.  They have the most delicious blueberry pancakes that I cannot resist.  We love spending time and catching up with them! It was such a nice morning!  That afternoon I promised to take John out  to run some errands.  We hit the mall which was pretty much dead.  Probably because the weather was BEAUTIFUL and everyone was home having cook outs : )  It was nice for us because we had the stores all to ourselves. 
We came home and I made steak and garlic bread for dinner.  I've been buying the frozen Texas Toast at the grocery store lately. All you do is heat it up and boom!  The best garlic bread ever!  


Yesterday John and I met my friend Julie and her boys Sean & Michael at the movies and saw the new Aladdin.  I really enjoyed it!!!  There were mixed reviews from the peanut gallery but I thought it was very entertaining!  I loved the music and the costumes and I thought Will Smith did a great job as Genie!  Such a fun film.  I highly recommend it!  Let's face it, Disney will never let me down.  John is getting a little annoyed with me singing "You Aint Never Had a Friend Like Me" but I can't help it.  It's stuck in my head!  


The other highlight of my 3 day weekend was the Hallmark Channel was having a summer movie marathon!  Here and there I was a able to catch 3 or 4 movies that I hadn't already seen and I LOVED them!  I just adore Hallmark movies. The Christmas ones are still my favorite but I do really enjoy the other ones too.  If you aren't familiar with Hallmark, they theme their movies to whatever season we are in. Next up in June is wedding themed movies, because after all June is wedding season.  Come on, how can you not love that! The movies are so cute and quaint, all neatly wrapped up in 2 hrs. Everyone owns a bakery or book shop with twinkling lights in the window and there is always, always a happy ending!   I want to jump into my TV and live there! : ) 


And that's pretty much it, friends.  Nothing too exciting.  Just the way I like it!



















The only thing that was missing from my unofficial kick off of summer was sitting around a fire and making smores.  I was craving them so badly this weekend!  Someday my wish is to have my own fire pit so I can roast marshmallows whenever I want.  It's things like that I wish for 


Have a great week everyone! It's the last one in May!


Summer is almost here! xoox




2 comments:

  1. That sounds like the perfect weekend!
    Wish I could have joined you!
    And, for the record, we have a fire pit!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete