Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Happy Birthday Lucy ♥



Happy Birthday to Lucille Ball!  Today marks what would have been Lucy's 108th birthday!  Lucy is an icon and if you visited my blog before you've probably read my ramblings on how much I adore her. 

I've loved her ever since I first saw I Love Lucy when I was 9 years old and I still love it just as much (maybe more) to this day!  Lucy and I are old friends.  She's been with me through thick and thin.  Always there to make me laugh (some times cry).  I watch I Love Lucy everyday and no matter how many times I've seen Lucy ballet dance, or stuff chocolates down her shirt, or put 13 cakes of yeast into 1 loaf of bread I laugh...because it's still funny!  Lucy is comforting to me.  She makes me feel good. 

I think she would have liked that 

Lucy is my inspiration.  She's my role model.  She was a beautiful, smart, funny, professional, and a self sufficient woman.  She was a devoted wife, mother, and friend. Also, I might note that her biggest success came after the age of forty! So there's that too! 

Today I would just like to say Happy Birthday in Heaven to my favorite red head!  So many people love you, but only I know just how much you have meant to me. 






 
Tonight many AMC movie theaters across the country are having a special viewing of 5 colorized I Love Lucy episodes in honor of Lucy's birthday.  It just so happens my local theater is one of them! I'm so excited to see Lucy on the big screen, in color! 





In her words....

"One of the things I  learned the hard way was that it doesn't pay to get discouraged.  Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself."   -Lucille Ball 


My favorite Lucy post  I wrote last year that sums up my feelings perfectly....(A Word on Lucy


Hope you are all having a wonderful day! 


Have a piece of cake and blow a kiss up to Lucy today. We need more of her in this world 

xoxoxox



2 comments:

  1. I love this entire post!
    I Love Lucy was one of the first "grown up" shows that I ever watched.
    We would watch I Love Lucy Marathons on Nick at Night with a bowl of Ice Cream.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Lucy.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete